Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Safest car seat for 4+ years? Anyone done the research?

(12 Posts)
Colliecollie Sun 19-Jun-11 14:36:34

Has anyone done the research on t'internet for the safest 4+ years carseat?

Grockle Sun 19-Jun-11 22:59:42

According to Which? It used to be the britax kidfix but that was about 18 months ago. It's expensive but has isofix & high back. DS seems happy in his & we do some quite long journeys.

Loopymumsy Mon 20-Jun-11 09:43:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

RamblingRosa Mon 20-Jun-11 09:47:42

I don't have Isofix so got the Britax Kid Plus which also scored really well in Which and other European tests I think. I think it's a Which "Best Buy".

worldgonecrazy Mon 20-Jun-11 10:00:17

We will probably switch back to Jane (Monte Carlo plus). We had a Jane Strata group 0 seat and were very impressed with the safety blurb. Unfortunately Jane don't do a stage 1 rear facing seat and we are ERF, but I remember reading the brochure on the Monte Carlo and all the safety testing that had been carried out.

nannyl Wed 22-Jun-11 09:08:43

kid fix is the very best according to which so long as it fits your car.

If you dont have isofix then kidplus (which is what kidfix is if secured with belts only) is the safest.

kidfix = kidplus seat AND isofix points that can be used in a car that has isofix, but otherwise can belt fit too

frowner Wed 22-Jun-11 09:52:26

I am somewhat confused on seats for this age group. Is it safer to have a hbb using sest belt or a harnessed booster. Also if it's the latter do you know of any harnessed hbb that are isofix? Many tia

DorisIsAPinkDragon Wed 22-Jun-11 10:20:07

Frowner as above the Britax kidfix is an isofix hbb. I don't know of any other we've had ours a couple of years and it's great and convert to a standard hbb for cars without isofix.

I will be gettting another for dd2 in the very near future.

frowner Wed 22-Jun-11 13:20:46

thanks for the reply. i had almost purchased the kidfix booster above for my 3.10 yr old 38lbs daughter but then started reading about 5 point harnesses being safer and am now worrying what to do for the best.

Loopymumsy Wed 22-Jun-11 15:00:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bubbleymummy Thu 30-Jun-11 19:28:01

How did the new isofix maxi cosi booster do in Which?

frowner Fri 08-Jul-11 15:49:33

Thanks for all your help. In the end I purcharsed a Jane motecarlo isofix plus and it seems very secure.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now