Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

'Extra' car seat needed for GPs (Citroen Picasso) - recommendations?

(7 Posts)
Tweetinat Thu 16-Jun-11 12:29:10

We currently have an ERF for our car (Britax two way elite) but need to get another seat for the GPs who may look after DS for one day a week. It's likely that it will only be used for 10 mins on that one day but I really don't have the money and am finding it hard to justify buying another ERF.

So, am reluctantly looking at forward facing seat and am completly confused and in a spin about what to get. Don't feel I can 'trust' the Which reviews given how poorly they rate ERFs so looking for advice here.

They have a Citroen Picasso if that helps - anyone have this car who can recommend a seat?

Seona1973 Thu 16-Jun-11 13:09:39

what age and weight is he?

Tweetinat Thu 16-Jun-11 17:06:52

Doh! Yes, that would help... He's coming up to 20m and weighs about 12.3kg. Very tall though - on 90th for height if that makes any difference?

movingsoon Thu 16-Jun-11 18:48:13

depends on her age kiddicare.com have a seat in the 9mth to 11 section but it is very basic and doesn't recline so she would be very upright.

They also have a deal on a britax prince where you get a britax high back as well.

Another one to look at is the britax elvolva

Could you just not buy a extra set of tethers and move the seat. How confident are you that they will fit a seat correctly

CRAZYCREW Thu 16-Jun-11 19:04:24

helllo ... I have an evolva for sale its the eveolva 2011 plus and only used it two weeks in France.... Nicola x

Tweetinat Mon 20-Jun-11 11:32:39

Thanks for the suggestions movingsoon - I'll have a look at the Britax website and see which one's look best. Sorry crazycrew - I wouldn't buy a second hand one from someone I don't know but thanks for the offer.

cambridgeferret Thu 30-Jun-11 14:37:08

The Mothercare Sola is another option. Has a five point harness from 9-18kg and then converts to a booster seat. We have two as our DD is too tall for a group 1 but too thin for group 2.
BTW we also have a Picasso. Fits it no problem.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now