Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

When to move to Group 2?

(7 Posts)
codandchipstwice Wed 15-Jun-11 09:34:54

DS2 is now taller than his group 1 - in that his head sticks out the top, but is only 15kg. Should I change him on length or does it not work like that with Group 1s?

Thanks
Rebecca

Eglu Wed 15-Jun-11 09:36:42

It does depend on his age really. If you think he is too young then you need to keep him in the 5 point harness for longer. I think Group 1 is classed as safe if they still have their ears within the height of the seat. But I'm not 100% on that.

sazm Wed 15-Jun-11 13:00:18

if the top of his ears are over the back of his group 1 seat then he is too tall for it,and should be moved up.
we had this issue with my dd when she was only 18m,we moved her to a britax evolva 1-2-3 as she was only just 15kg,and its safer to keep them in a harness til 18kg smile

codandchipstwice Wed 15-Jun-11 13:03:36

That's the thing, we've got 2 evolvas already for the other 2 but other DS is 6 now and 1m25 so sure I could move him into a cheaper high back booster and put the harness back on his evolva for ds2

Thanks

sazm Wed 15-Jun-11 22:52:30

yep,thats what i would do,
we have 2 britax hi-liner/adventure seats (on offer in halfords) and are very happy with them,have very good support and they are only about £30 smile

codandchipstwice Thu 16-Jun-11 08:39:17

Thanks fro that - DH has a voucher he can use in Halfords so will get him shopping this weekend

Thanks all

b*

sazm Fri 17-Jun-11 00:38:57

ah thats really handy then lol, happy shopping smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now