Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Car seat (Group 1 Rearfacing) Anyone have this problem?

(10 Posts)
tigermummy35 Mon 13-Jun-11 20:59:16

Our DS (7 months) is a massive 25lbs so had to be moved into his new extended rear facing BeSafe Izi Combo seat recently when he outgrew his infant seat. The seat doesn't recline as much as his maxi cosi infant seat and now, when he falls asleep, sometimes his head slumps forwards towards his chest. Apart from looking uncomfortable, I worry how safe he is if we stop suddenly.

Is this safe? Can we do anything about it? Any suggestions!

Thanks

RitaMorgan Mon 13-Jun-11 21:01:09

You can get various neck and head supports - try kiddicare or amazon.

sazm Mon 13-Jun-11 21:05:03

is the seat def at the correct angle? if your cars seats tilt too much,its possible the seat is too upright?? you can get a foam tube(made by sunshine kids) that goes under the seat if thats the problem smile

tigermummy35 Mon 13-Jun-11 21:08:56

I got the fitting checked by the In Car peeps, cause we bought it a few weeks before we started using it. Admittedly it's been moved a couple of times (like when we needed the back seat for an adult!) but the head droop has happened both before and after!

@Rita, do you mean something like the Trunki Yondi?

sazm Mon 13-Jun-11 21:52:28

ah well prob not that then,although,the angle of you seat could still cause it even if its fitted correctly could it not??

aswellasyou Mon 13-Jun-11 22:38:09

I have this seat and I've noticed it's much more upright than others. My daughter only went into it last Monday and she was slumping her head at first but now she keeps tilting her head back so she's facing up. It could be that she's falling asleep while looking through the sunroof though! I would use a neck support. My sister bought one (the seat's in her car) but we haven't used it yet so I don't know what it's like. It amazes me that this seat is suitable from birth at that angle. My sister has a Maxi Cosi Mobi and it is much more reclined but is only supposed to be from 9kg.

raindroprhyme Wed 15-Jun-11 21:30:19

You can get it to recline more by adjusting the footrest and generally fiddling it about. Mine reclines loads but it does depend where you position it. If the seat it is on slopes back lots the besafe is more upright, i have it in the middle of my volvo as teh seat is more upright so besafe reclines more. Hope that makes sense.

Hello we have had this with all three of our little rear facing kids, and find over time they learn to sleep with their heads back and stop slumping, our youngest has been in her seat now for two months and she now has the hang of it, after all it's where their head goes in an accident that's important!!

thisisyesterday Fri 17-Jun-11 18:03:04

we have exactly the same problem with the besafe tbh

because the seats in our car slope towards the back it means the car seat is very upright, even in the most reclined position

i am in the process of making a headsupport similar to the trunki yondi (but cheaper lol) will let you know how it goes!

tigermummy35 Fri 17-Jun-11 18:17:45

Thanks yesterday, I guess that's the problem we have too! Do let me know how the head support goes grin)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now