Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Maxi Cosi Opal - RF to 18kg

(7 Posts)
BertieBotts Mon 13-Jun-11 18:45:09

Have you seen this? www.maxi-cosi.co.uk/gb-en/Products/Car-seats/Toddler/Opal/Features.aspx It seems it can do rear facing until 18kg. They have even addressed the "where do the legs go?" argument - and looks like the belt routing is under the seat in a sort of fixed base thing. And they are selling them in mainstream shops like Boots and Mothercare smile

Is this the first step in extended rear facing becoming mainstream? smile

aswellasyou Mon 13-Jun-11 19:52:04

It's only rear facing until 13kg, then forward facing until 18kg unfortunately. See here.

BertieBotts Mon 13-Jun-11 20:32:28

Are you sure that's not a template for that site? The maxi cosi site says "Can be used both rearward and forward-facing, from birth up to 18kg"

BertieBotts Mon 13-Jun-11 20:34:48

Oh no, you might be right actually, the manual implies that the rearfacing mode is only for group 0+ ie 0-13kg. That's really misleading confused

SecretNutellaFix Mon 13-Jun-11 20:35:32

NO, it's definitely rear facing ONLY till 13kg and then forward till 18kg. I recently had a training session with Maxi Cosi.

BertieBotts Mon 13-Jun-11 20:38:39

They should change their website then - really misleading. Interestingly I've just found the same product on the bebeconfort website (which is the same brand now, isn't it?) and it's much clearer.

SecretNutellaFix Mon 13-Jun-11 20:41:26

It's poorly worded, but not inaccurate because the seat can be used until the 18kg. Just not rear facing.

Bertie- I work for one of the mainstream companies and I have been asking for 6 years along with lots of my colleagues, to stock the extended rear facers. Still a big fat NO.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now