Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing car seats. To find out which products have won Mumsnet Best, go to Reviews. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic.

Travel car seat for an 18 month old

(3 Posts)
Rad10head Mon 13-Jun-11 12:40:56

I'm looking for a car seat that can easily be traveled with. I've looked at the boostapak and the easycarseat type things, but they are only for 3years and up. Has anyone come across anything like this for younger children?

My immediate problem is that I will be travelling by taxi in Paris, and do not want to carry my daughters proper car seat on eurostar by myself!

Any ideas?

nannyl Mon 13-Jun-11 14:41:36

i dont think one exists... at least not a safe one

i assume u are taking a buggy? if so extend the straps to biggest setting and loop them over handles as you would a rucksack?

I have taken a 1 year old (who didnt stand walk) a car seat, a travel cot, and lots and lots of bags through london waterloo by myself. and found, hanging car seat on back of puschair was fine (though not quite as easy too push, still possible)

TruthSweet Mon 13-Jun-11 14:42:54

What size (weight/height) is she? Does she still fit in a baby carrier?

There isn't anything on the UK market for a toddler that folds or acts as a pushchair (there is a car seat that can be used as a pushchair in the US though) as far as I'm aware.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: