Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Help - do you need the yellow anchor points to fit MaxiCosi Isofix base? Lost them!

(4 Posts)
CAS77 Mon 06-Jun-11 22:07:51

Help! We have just got DS' old Maxi Cosi Cabrio Fix and Iso fix base out of the loft ready for DD's arrival in a few weeks and we can't find the yellow anchor points anywhere (the 2 yellow bits that you click into the car before you install the seat). Does anyone know if these are essential for fitting the seat or is there anyway it can be installed without them?

If they are essential, does anyone have any ideas where I could get some replacements (have looked on MaxiCosi website, Ebay and Gumtree and no luck...)

Really don't want to go to the expense of buying a new base!

Thanks in advance.

WhereIsTheFire Tue 07-Jun-11 13:29:36

The two yellow adapters are guides to show you where the ISOFix connecters in the seat are and to keep access to the bars easily accessible if you are taking the seat/base in and out a lot ie. moving it from car to car.

You can get spare sets I think if you wanted, even some on ebay if these are the same as yours here

If you go to this webpage here someone has the same problem and they called Maxi Cosi (copied & pasted below):

"The 'Isofix guides' are available to buy from Dorel UK LTD (01842 767965) (See maxicosi website/customer services) for £7.99+P&P @ £3.99.

When I called (as one of mine is broken) they told me they are not essential to fit the car seat safely - they are simply 'guides' and if the actual forks on the seat are not damaged in anyway; not having the guides will not affect the car seat performance in any way."

CAS77 Tue 07-Jun-11 15:09:16

Thanks for taking the time to reply - that is really helpful smile

movingsoon Tue 07-Jun-11 18:22:43

Depends on the car I have found putting seats in renult clio, scenic and the zafira I needed the but the c4 I didn't as you could see the points and none of the fabric was in the way

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now