Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing car seats. To find out which products have won Mumsnet Best, go to Reviews. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic.

multimac - for newborn?

(6 Posts)
mummysleepy Sat 04-Jun-11 22:07:13

DH has been googling and come across multimac and is convinced should get one. I am not too sure about the minimac baby carrier as it looks very upright. Anyone got one? Does minimac work ok with newborn? And how is it with older toddlers? Website says it can be used up to 15kg/age 3.
We have 3DCs age 4, 21months and 1 week old!!

any comments would be greatly appreciated smile

BertieBotts Sat 04-Jun-11 22:10:36

The minimac can only be used until 13kg, not 15kg - they say the 15kg model is imminent but they've been saying that for about a year now. It looks like it's on roughly a 45 degree angle, but there's no recline/sit up options, just the one seat position.

BertieBotts Sat 04-Jun-11 22:13:27

Also it looks like there is very little side impact protection with this seat unit. That would put be off TBH.

mummysleepy Sat 04-Jun-11 22:27:20

yes that is a concern. We have our 21month old in KISS which is great and are planning to do ERF for 2 youngest so would only consider if minimac was up to 15kg. my 4 year old is only 16kg and 21month old is equally skinny!

anyone actually used one?

aswellasyou Sat 04-Jun-11 23:28:23

It doesn't look great for a newborn to me to be honest. I'm also not convinced on the side impact protection for a child sitting on the outside especially. I don't actually know anything about them though so feel free to ignore me! smile
At the overall cost of buying these seats, I'd rather upgrade the car to something bigger if that's why you're looking at it.

mummysleepy Wed 08-Jun-11 13:50:45

I know you can buy extra headrests for older children to give some side impact protection.
We can fit 3 in back of dh's car but is pretty tricky and he is a bit impatient at times!! I would rather stick with what we have got as they are all currently in seats which are very safe.
Just would be nice to hear from someone who has one to see if my suspicions re minimac baby seat are correct.
Also can't help but think it is extremely expensive for what it is especially the baby seats which cost an extra £250 per seat and as pointed out don't look that comfy

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: