Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Another front or rear facing question???

(6 Posts)
babybear5 Thu 02-Jun-11 23:24:01

Would anyone know..I have a vw sharan 7 seater with integrated toddler seats. I am sure the manual (which i cant find) tells you if these seats are being used then the whole car seat should be turned rear facing. Would this work for front facing baby seat to? If it was put in normally and then the whole car seat was spun within the car, would this then have the same effect as baby travelling rear facing...Does anyone understand what i mean? Pickled my own brain here i think grin

sazm Thu 02-Jun-11 23:30:30

i think most car seats state in the manual they are only to be used with the seats facing the direction of travel? due to the fact they are safety tested?

movingsoon Thu 02-Jun-11 23:32:15

IN the carseat manual it will say which direction the have to be installed. This is the direction they are tested and designed to function. A forward facing seat goes forward first in a crash then backwards. If it was rear facing it would be the be the other-way round and clips may fail. Rear end shuts are usually at lower speed. It may work but why would you buy something to keep your child save and then not follow the instructions on how to fit it

babybear5 Thu 02-Jun-11 23:48:43

Thanks guys...i see what you mean. I wasn't sure because with the integrated seat you have to turn the whole adult seat round so i wonder if a front facing seat would be safer turned but i see where you are coming from and yeah prob wouldn't work smile

TruthSweet Fri 03-Jun-11 10:03:03

Does this help?

I think calling up VW and getting a replacement manual would be a good idea as if there is a step in fitting the seats is missed they could be dangerous. Best to cover yourself to be sure.

babybear5 Fri 03-Jun-11 20:17:35

wow truthsweet thank you for that..scary thought sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now