Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing car seats. To find out which products have won Mumsnet Best, go to Reviews. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic.

britax renaissance..rear or front facing?

(15 Posts)
babybear5 Thu 02-Jun-11 23:07:04

Can anyone tell me if this group car seat can be put in rear facing as well as front facing and if not can anyone recommend a rear seat for 16 month old who only ways 6kgs?

babybear5 Thu 02-Jun-11 23:08:14

Sorry op should say 'only weighs 6kgs' blush

movingsoon Thu 02-Jun-11 23:16:59

it a front facing seat. Britax don't make it any more

babybear5 Thu 02-Jun-11 23:19:04

Thanks movingsoon..guess i better buy new now as i want rear facing for petite babe sad so expensive to.

aswellasyou Thu 02-Jun-11 23:19:30

It doesn't look like it's rear facing but I don't actually know.
I've just got a Klippan Kiss 2 (also known as an Akta Graco Duologic II). The infant carrier part (only up to 10kg) can be removed and fitted seperately with a seat belt and has a telescopic handle and wheels so you can wheel it around. It is from birth to 18kg.
The BeSafe izi Combi isofix or non-Isofix is also from birth to 18kg. I've just bought this but not fitted it yet.
They both look like they have a lot of leg room and actually fit nicely even in a small car.
They're expensive but you wouldn't need to buy a new one until your child is around 4 (probably older seen as s/he is only 6kg at 16months). I think there might be others that go from birth to 18kg as well.

aswellasyou Thu 02-Jun-11 23:23:45

The Recaro Polaric is the other one I was thinking of but it's quite bulky.
The BeSafe is probably the best bet at £200 and will fit a lot of cars.

aswellasyou Thu 02-Jun-11 23:26:03

Or this if you'd buy it second hand.

babybear5 Thu 02-Jun-11 23:26:06

Thank you...will check these out. So frustrating that the safety of our children has to cost so much.

babybear5 Thu 02-Jun-11 23:27:44

Im never sure about second hand but i do believe that mums wouldn't sell for any other reason than genuine...and it looks like a nice seat. Will go investigate some more thank you.

aswellasyou Thu 02-Jun-11 23:28:16

I bought my Klippan Kiss today for £150 in a warehouse clearance shop. I was so excited because I was planning on buying it at £300! shock It is ridiculous. We need more competition to lower the prices of them.

babybear5 Thu 02-Jun-11 23:43:57

A big problem i have is we are in scotland and for some reason things like this don't seem to be around much and not many people will post second hand etc.

TruthSweet Fri 03-Jun-11 10:07:50

babybear - if you have a Volvo dealership near by you you can get a Britax Multi-tech re-branded as Volvo for approx £130. Though it's only from 9kg+.

The Britax Hi-Way is from 0-25kg but is more like £200.

aswellasyou Fri 03-Jun-11 10:58:32

I didn't realise the Hi-Way was from birth. It doesn't look like it should be because of the lack of head/neck support.

sleeplessinderbyshire Fri 03-Jun-11 17:02:40

We have a besafe izi combi which is great but expensive, we also have a britax first class which is RF to 12kg - think my DD will be about 3 before she's 12kg

nicm Fri 03-Jun-11 17:07:40

the hi-way ii is from birth to 25kgs and has passed the swedish plus test. it costs £199, i'm currently looking at this for ds 2.

smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: