Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing car seats. To find out which products have won Mumsnet Best, go to Reviews. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic.

maxi cosi easybase

(9 Posts)
LunaWilliams Tue 24-May-11 12:19:24

Anyone have any experience of putting these in the middle seat at the back?

I have 2 older children and they both have tv's in the back that are built in to the head rests so when baby no3 comes along there will be chaos in the back if either of the other 2 are asked to move to the middle.

Now I would like not to have to bother with seatbelt fixing but my car (Porsche Cayenne) does not have isofix in the middle back seat so i'm wondering are there any reasons why I can't have the easybase in the middle? The maxi cosi website seems to think not but I don't understand why as the middle seat has a 3 point seatbelt like the seats on the side.

RunsWithScissors Tue 24-May-11 12:25:39

Do you have the bump in the middle? We have a base from maxi cosi (not isofix) and it has a bar that runs vertically to brace against the floor. Maybe this is why it suggests not to use in the middle seat?

RunsWithScissors Tue 24-May-11 12:26:35

The bump of course is referring to where the transmission runs along the floor of the car ;-)

LunaWilliams Tue 24-May-11 12:35:30

hmm good point no idea about the bump something I never paid any attention to.

So I guess the vertical bar needs go do down a certain distance then or can it not rest on the bump?

sazm Tue 24-May-11 20:36:58

we had our maxi-cosi cabriofix in the middle as our 3 seats fitted better that way,but we didnt use the base with it.

LunaWilliams Fri 27-May-11 11:30:39

Hi sazm, did you then have to take the seat out every time or can you lift the baby in and out while the seat is still connected with the seatbelt?

aswellasyou Fri 27-May-11 11:37:32

My sister has a car with three proper seats in the back. There have been times there have been 3 infant carriers across the back. It's not too difficult getting the middle baby in and out as long as the child next to the door is out of their seat first. You don't need to do anything to the seatbelt to get them out. It may be different if your outside seats are forward facing though.

sazm Fri 27-May-11 12:17:26

yup,when hubby was working (most days) i put the cabrio in the front (no front airbag) and if hubby was off then cabrio went in the back,just lifted him in/out of the seat,was fine until he was about 15months,then we got him a bigger seat as i couldnt get him in/out easily (i have back problems)

LunaWilliams Fri 27-May-11 14:18:18

ok thank you. i think I can just about the baby seat in the middle without the base... I thought I had lots of space.. turns out not.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: