Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing car seats. To find out which products have won Mumsnet Best, go to Reviews. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic.

Where will check my fitting for free?

(7 Posts)
LaTristesse Thu 19-May-11 11:30:02

I bought a Britax 1st Class plus online from Woolworths a year ago and now I've installed it it seems wobbly. Does anyone know where I can go to get the fitting checked for free? Halfords charge a tenner and Mothercare don't want to know as I didn't buy it from them...
Thanks!

pramsgalore4 Thu 19-May-11 12:23:55

are they still for sale? if they are go to a shop that sells them without you seat and ask if the seat could be fitted in your car they dont have to know you are not going to buy it, just say thankyou very much i will think about it, job done

sazm Thu 19-May-11 13:26:15

i would do the same as pramsgalore,go to halfords and tell them you like the 1sr class seat but arent sure if it will fit in your car.
tell them have seen a colourway online you prefer so will be ordering from there smile

JuneMummy Sun 22-May-11 21:11:13

some local councils have a road safety office and will check the fitting of your car seat for you. (free i think) so worth finding out of they do that in your area

Meglet Sun 22-May-11 21:16:33

Your local Trading Standards team might do car seat checks a couple of times a year. Our one holds an open day at the local fire station.

I am so pathetically chuffed with myself for getting the fitting 100% correct each time we've been along blush.

LaTristesse Mon 23-May-11 20:18:25

Fab answers, thanks everyone. I'll make some calls!

bidibidi Sat 28-May-11 18:28:40

County Council man did mine.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: