Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

What do you recommend?

(3 Posts)
magie73 Mon 03-Jan-11 21:26:26

I have a 6mth old who will be going from the original newborn maxi cosi car seat to the next stage (9kg up) seat shortly.

So far the one's I've seen all have a very heavy/sturdy base which you clip a seat into. This seat can potentially then go into a pram (I think).

They are very heavy and bulky. Not to mention looking very permanent.

The thing is...

I only need a seat for visiting friends in the countryside. I would probably use this max 12 times a year.

I generally catch a train to a station near them and they pick us up, drive a 20min distance to their place (no other option). If I'm lucky they drive us home (1 1/2 hours drive).

Ideally I need something which I can carry (along with the pram, overnight gear, etc).

Alternatively, is there something I can clip onto the buggie (to replace the seat) which will convert (similar idea to the maxi cosi)?

CarGirl Mon 03-Jan-11 21:28:42

She can stay in the maxi cosi until she exceeds the weight limit or her eye level is higher than the back of the seat. Very few babies are too heavy or too tall until they are about 15 months old.

Rear facing is far far safer in an accident.

Loopymumsy Wed 05-Jan-11 22:36:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now