Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Cabriofix bases in a citroen

(8 Posts)
Helloginger Sun 19-Dec-10 11:56:12

I read somewhere that you're not meant to have Cabriofix bases with the leg on underfloor storage compartments, but I can't find where I've got that idea from! I've just changed my car and will have 2 maxicosi cabriofix bases on the second row of seats, held in with isofix fittings. How can I find if this is safe? Thanks in advance! X

Firsttimemum14 Sun 19-Dec-10 19:10:15

Hiya, I have maxicosi cabriofix car seat fitted with isofix base in a citreon C4, this was recommended by Mothercare and i got a certificate for them for fitting it. no need to worry.

nicm Sun 19-Dec-10 21:10:07

support legs shouldn't rest on underfloor storage boxes. you can get fillings for some cars, i know ford and vw do them but not sure about citroen. if you read your car manual it should tell you if it is safe or not. i had this problem when getting my stage 1 car seat! i don't know why they have them as i don't know anyone who actually uses them! mothercare can be a bit hit and miss with their fitting, could you call the safety team in essex? i rang them for advice and i live nowhere near essex. www.childcarsafetyseats.co.uk/index.html

Helloginger Sun 19-Dec-10 21:16:05

Thanks, will try the car safety people tomorrow. I'll be gutted if they don't fit properly - I only got the car yesterday and only because it was one of the few cars which had 3 isofix seats in a row. (we have a toddler and are expecting twins.)

Helloginger Sun 19-Dec-10 22:09:04

Ahhh! I found a bit on the maxi cosi website which says that they can be used on cars with underfloor storage boxes, so long as the box is open and emptied , and the leg reaches down to the bottom. Hope it really does reach - that's the job for tomorrow then!

justforinfo Sun 19-Dec-10 22:27:54

Hello,
I fit car seats for a large supplier of different makes and you can't use the bases with a leg if you have underfloor storage sorry!

Helloginger Sun 19-Dec-10 23:48:58

Even if the leg extends to the bottom of the storage compartment, as per the details on the maxi cosi site?

castleonthehill Mon 20-Dec-10 15:24:23

I had a c4 and the britax site said their baby base with a leg does fit in that car. So it may depend on the seat manufacture. Its a great car very easy to put three children in the car.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now