Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Help choosing a car seat please

(5 Posts)
Sparkle2010 Thu 02-Dec-10 09:15:08

I'm on a very tight budget as I'm single mum and not working due to losing my job early in pregnancy. I'm pregnant with my first and don't know what car seat to buy. I want one that I can take out and put into a trolley or carry baby into house in the car seat, but don't want one that attaches to pushchair. Any reccomendations for carseat please? Must be cheap (pref under £100)

castleonthehill Thu 02-Dec-10 14:08:32

It needs to go in your car that the most important thing. Britax and maxi cosy seams to last a long time in terms of fitting a bigger baby in them. when you have checked what fits look for deals. Britax have just bought out a few new models so last years are being sold off cheaper saw one for £59 the other day.

A base for the seat can be useful makes life easier and makes it easier to put a bigger baby in it

sazm Thu 02-Dec-10 21:00:14

you really need to find out what fits in your car,best going to halfords/mothercare and getting them to try some in your car. the mothercare travel tot is supposed to be pretty good for the price.

BertieBottlesOfMulledWine Mon 06-Dec-10 00:29:05

Yes the Mothercare Travel Tot is excellent, although if you can get the Britax for £59 then it will probably have a few more features, like more padding, maybe a sunshade?

I had the Travel Tot though. It's manufactured by Dorel who are the same people who make Maxi Cosi. DS fitted into it until 18 months which is quite a long time A bonus is it seemed to be lighter than other car seats, but still sturdy and strong. It has really good, deep sides which is important for side impact protection. £49.99 with free delivery ATM

I'd avoid the Nania brand and the really cheap ones in Argos etc as they tend to be really shallow and flimsy, and often hard to fit as well.

sazm Tue 07-Dec-10 12:58:02

the britax one is £59 in boots atm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now