Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Anyone in Devon with a....

(8 Posts)
APixieInMyTea Wed 01-Dec-10 18:06:49

Besafe Izi Combi ( belted)

Been recommended this on another thread for my baby with reflux. I need something a bit more upright than his maxi cosi but that still allows me to rear face him until he is 4ish.

I am told it's quite upright so states that it is suitable from 6months even though it is tested from birth.

So was wondering if anyone had one that they don't mind coming to see

1) how upright it is and if baby looks comfortable and
2) if it fits in my car (scenic)

I'd be extremely grateful. smile

thisisyesterday Wed 01-Dec-10 18:10:21

it's very upright in my car! even on its most reclined setting it's basically bolt upright which means that ds2's head always flops forward if he falls asleep, which isn't great

but it depends on the shape of your seats really, ours slope down which makes it more upright

APixieInMyTea Wed 01-Dec-10 19:00:13

Mmm, not too good. My seats are straight but it might still be too upright.

Back to the drawing board I think and never travelling in the car until we find something.

FannyLogan Wed 01-Dec-10 19:23:12

I am in Devon and have the isofix version which you are welcome to come and look at, but it was fitted professionally so I don't want to take it out of the car. It's definitely v upright even on the most reclined setting. I have one in a clio, so I'm sure it would fit a scenic!

If you fancy a day out go to Snowflakes in Weymouth who have loads of rear facing seats and will try them in your car for you. I have got two from them and they are really helpful, but do ring beforehand to check the expert fitter is in. They are really good and refused to sell a seat to some other people in the shop while I was there because it didnt fit their seats properly.

Carseatcrazy Fri 17-Dec-10 09:35:04

I am also in Devon, and have the belted be safe and also the belted/isofix KISS you're more than welcome to come and try them both and compare- the KISS might be a good option for you as it allows you to alter the incline from very slight to very upright if you know what I mean. They both have their pro's and cons so you might find it useful to compare

I'm 10 minutes E of Exeter just off the A30. I'm around much of the time, so just send me a message

PS- I also got one of mine from snowflakes and would endorse them as being great

Loopymumsy Sun 19-Dec-10 09:29:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bubbles4 Sun 19-Dec-10 09:38:21

Do you have a large Mothercare near you?I know the out of town superstore near me lets you try the sears in the car before you buy,or failing that Halfords do the same thing ,I think.

Carseatcrazy Sun 19-Dec-10 20:24:15

bubbles4- unfortunately mothercare and halfords don't stock the safest seats - the ones that allow rearfacing until 4. I think this is the type that apixieinmytea is after....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now