Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing car seats. If you want to buy and sell car seats, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

What seat for 13kg toddler that will last

(8 Posts)
Ilythia Sat 20-Nov-10 10:49:52

We have just had to buy a second car and need 'extra' seats for the DD's in case DH needs to drive them anywhere (would only be sporadic, few times a month).
DD1 is not a problem as she is tall/heavy enough for a normal booster but DD2 is only average 3 year old size and 12.7kg, so too small for a high back booster that will last, and it's a waste of money we haven't got to buy one that will only last a few months.

Any ideas?

piglet59 Sat 20-Nov-10 22:08:28

Britax do one. last from approx 9 months to 11 years think it evolva123. Five point harness then full back booster with three point belt. Both my boys got them. Have great support and side impact.
hope this helps

Ilythia Sun 21-Nov-10 08:34:50

thanks, i mucked up my op, I meant she is too msall for a NON high back booster but DH's new car doesn't have the room to keep a highback in all the time. She has one in my car already.
I might just ban her from his car until she growsgrin

BertieBotts Sun 21-Nov-10 16:37:57

How about the Kiddy Infinity Pro? I think it's smaller than most high back boosters and will do until she's 15kg. It's a group 1 seat but has an impact cushion rather than a harness so hopefully she won't see it as too babyish.

Loopymumsy Tue 23-Nov-10 20:57:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

onadietcokebreak Wed 24-Nov-10 21:34:33

Recaro young sport. She still needs 5point harness or a impact cushion

Ilythia Thu 25-Nov-10 20:21:20

Loopy, by highback booster I mean the ones that go from 9 months to 12 years [http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet /product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_7 80553_langId_-1_categoryId_165763 like this one]] so she's fine.
THanks for all advice!

Ilythia Thu 25-Nov-10 20:26:42

ballsgrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now