Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Cheap camping holiday in SE England Any reccomendations?

(14 Posts)
tarantula Wed 10-Aug-05 14:49:30

We are thinking of going away for a few days at the end of the month. we will be travelling by train and bike (from SW London) so dont want to go to far. Any ideas anyone?

Dont care about facilities at all in fact the fewer the better esp if we can light a fire instead of bbq.

Help please as am totally stuck for ideas.

TIA

hercules Wed 10-Aug-05 14:55:43

Would have suggested new forest forestery camp sites as the onewe stayed at was next to a train station. Basic but clean but you're not allowed to have a fire.

tarantula Wed 10-Aug-05 15:00:51

Fires not essential (just would be nice in the evening) Where is it Sounds really good?

hercules Wed 10-Aug-05 15:03:12

here

thoroughly recommend it.

meggymoo Wed 10-Aug-05 15:09:13

Message withdrawn

tarantula Wed 10-Aug-05 15:13:16

New forest looks really good and not to difficult to get to by train (or too expensive either).

Cheers Meggymoo Ill have a look through that website too.

Havent been to a 'proper' campsite in a long time so will be interesting to go again.

hercules Wed 10-Aug-05 15:13:59

you can look up reviews about my link on meggymoos link.

tarantula Wed 10-Aug-05 15:21:03

lol had a quick look through that site and the first site I found

'The Sir Walter Tyrrell has approx 2 acres of fields at the rear of the Pub for camping'

Now that would be just right for dp Not so sure about the kids tho and the budget def wouldnt stand for it.

grumpyfrumpy Wed 10-Aug-05 15:58:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

grumpyfrumpy Wed 10-Aug-05 16:01:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ladbrokegrove Wed 10-Aug-05 22:08:49

Hi, we are going by train from sw London to Weymouth tomorrow, campsite is www.eweleaze.co.uk is five pounds per person per night, on the beach, 40% discount if you arrive without a vehicle! So this is practically the cheapest holiday around. They allow fires etc, obviously can't recommend it personally yrt but it looks pretty nice.

KBear Wed 10-Aug-05 22:34:43

we are going here on saturday.

slightlymiffedmoorhen Thu 11-Aug-05 15:02:11

wow LBG that is really cheap and a 40% discount for no car too. Might just be able to afford the train fare down at that price Some of the other camps are lovely too. Now need to sit down and work out a budget and see where we can afford to go to train fare v campsite prices. I like decisions like this

slightlymiffedmoorhen Thu 11-Aug-05 15:02:43

oops forgot to say changed my name today

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now