Advanced search

Another camping question....electrics....

(5 Posts)
nappybrain Sat 06-Aug-05 10:28:27

Hi we are another newbie camping family. I am a bit mystified by sites that are offering electric hook ups for tents. Can someone more experienced in such matters help please?? I have read somewhere about needing a bit of kit that costs about £50 (a mains adapter I think). Would we need to buy one of those to use at such sites? Or do sites provide them? What would we need to take / buy to have electric in our tent?! Sorry if this a dumb question

KBear Sat 06-Aug-05 10:36:24

Hello - I'm a newbie to camping too - going on 13th for the first time so I have lots of questions. You do need to buy the kit for the electric hookup - someone clever will do you a link (JanH where are you) I'm sure.

We're slumming it and taking tilley lamps and torches!

Where are you going?

jolly4 Sat 06-Aug-05 12:05:23

you get electric hookup it is called just hook up we paid 10 quid on ebay but you need rcd trip out plugs if you buy what we had they are 7 quid each the thing with hookup is you can take electric heaters

jolly4 Sat 06-Aug-05 12:08:52

the sunncamp hookup is 65 quid by us at great outdoors you only need two plug ones as some campsite only have 6 amp power meaning you casnt run electric heater while using hairdryer or kettle

blondehelen Sat 06-Aug-05 12:12:55

We got a 3 way electric hookup. Think it cost about £40 from ebay. In shops £65 to £80. Wouldn't be without it though!!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: