Talk

Advanced search

Campsites in France or Norfolk

(11 Posts)
PrettyCandles Thu 28-Jul-05 14:18:47

Can anyone recommend any?

happymerryberries Thu 28-Jul-05 14:19:52

Have a look on UKcampsite.co.uk

They have a great seach facility for reviews of campsites in the UK and the rest of the Continent

PrettyCandles Thu 28-Jul-05 14:22:17

Since discovering Mumsnet I rarely look up anything before asking here first - the answers are usually quicker, clearer, and far more entertaining on Mumsnet!

But that is one of the sites I'm researching.

munchie Thu 28-Jul-05 14:45:41

We have stayed at 2 campsites in Norfolk, both of which I'd recommend. The first is Old Brick Kilns at Barney which isn't far from Fakenham And the other is Deers Glade which is near Hanworth. Both are very well kept sites with nice clean loos and showers. Hope this helps

Milliways Thu 28-Jul-05 20:30:07

Have been to loads in France. We love Le Vieux Port in Gascony, & Les Charmettes on the Med. Carisma hols only do sites walkeable to the beach. Matthews hols are v.good value & have a good chat forum about everybodies sites
here

PrettyCandles Thu 04-Aug-05 15:18:25

So far I haven't been able to find anywhere in northern France that does tent camping - they all seem to be caravans of one sort or another. Dh doesn't want to drive far, so I imagine Brittany or Channel coast would be suitable, but inland would be fine if there was a lake. Anyone know of such a place?

As for Norfolk, dh has found a couple he likes:
Pinewoods and
Searles but I'm concerned that Pinewoods' toilets/washing facilities don't sound too nice (or look too frequent on the map) and it sounds a bit cramped, and that at Searles it sounds like each pitch is isolated by hedging from the next - I liked the group pitching at Hurley Riverside Park, which made a nice big safe supervisable green field for children to play in and make friends. Anyone been to either Pinewoods or Searles?

Milliways Thu 04-Aug-05 15:27:59

The Parc des Alicourts is one that everyone recommends, driveable easily in a day from Calais (430km).

Alan Rogers review all European campsite. This link is for Northern France.

lilibet Thu 04-Aug-05 19:05:11

I second Parc des Allicourts - wonderful site

but this is also good in Brittany

PrettyCandles Fri 12-Aug-05 16:15:59

We've booked! We're going to Jablines, just east of Paris. Anyone know it?

Cha Fri 12-Aug-05 16:58:18

Is it too late for you to go to Norfolk? My favourite campsite is at Stiffkey on the North Norfolk coast - it is basic but very clean and is right on the marshes so great for the kids - crabbing, getting muddy, swimming etc.

PrettyCandles Sun 14-Aug-05 15:06:19

That site was on our shortlist, but we decided to be 'adventurous' and go abroad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now