Talk

Advanced search

Please recommend a campsite in Dorset

(8 Posts)
beatie Tue 12-Jul-05 09:09:51

We wish to go camping next week for about 3 nights. We have a dd who is 2 and a half. I am 7 months pregnant. We want a quietish campsite (not too many caravans!) which allows you a decent size pitch for your tent.

The campsite doesn't have to have any facilities for kids - just clean toilets and showers.

We'd like to be near a nice village or town and perhaps 20 minutes drive from the beach.

Anyone have some ideas?

dramaqueen72 Tue 12-Jul-05 09:11:36

what about durdle door? havent been there for years but adored it when younger. they have a web site if you google it...hth!

beatie Tue 12-Jul-05 09:15:24

Off to google

fishfinger Tue 12-Jul-05 09:34:32

beatie theres anohter thread form yesterday called " camping in dorset or devoN"

beatie Tue 12-Jul-05 13:01:28

Thanks. How did I miss that

fishfinger Tue 12-Jul-05 13:02:09

maybe i dreamed it

NomDePlume Tue 12-Jul-05 13:03:03

I hear Enid's garden is lovely at this time of year

Surfermum Tue 12-Jul-05 20:04:04

There's St Leonard's Farm at St Leonards. It's just west of Ringwood. I haven't stayed there for a while as I moved to the area, but the toilets and showers were clean and hot. I used to go with a group of lifeguards and we were always put in "the meadow" (out of everyone's way I think!). There was loads of room and we used to put up a volleyball net and play football etc. I can't remember any other facilities and I think it was quite cheap. Just outside the site there are pubs for eating, and it's probably a 20 min drive into Bournemouth for our fantastic Blue Flag beaches. Loads to do in the area if it's wet too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now