Talk

Advanced search

camping at glastonbury

(10 Posts)
NMR Sun 19-Jun-05 11:53:45

I am taking my four children all under 10 with some friends to Glastonbury for the first time. Any tips??

jackeroo Sun 19-Jun-05 12:57:42

pray for good weather...

footprint Sun 19-Jun-05 13:32:43

Off the top of my head, the most important things would be:
Take LOADS of toilet paper
Also lots of bottles to put water in
Take warm clothes cos it gets colder than you think in the middle of the night.
Things to sit on such as bin bags in case it's wet
Take something to wee in the middle of the night!
Hats in case it's sunny
a torch (v important)
Good shoes, because you will walk a LOT
Don't worry about looking nice or keeping clean, lost cause!

Have a fab time, I'm really jealous!

wilfulwife Sun 19-Jun-05 15:49:02

LOADS AND LOADS of unperfumed wipes,tissues etc ,nurofen-adult and kiddie,socks-always losing /running out of them,nighttime wee wee equipment v important(last time i went i had to wee in an evian bottle-no mean feat for a ladyee),stickers to put on kids clothes with your contact details just incase they get separated,loads of plainish biscuits,drinks in cartons,flannels to be doused in water for cooloing down,as said before lots of water bottles-ooh really jealous,have a fab time!!

Pollyanna Sun 19-Jun-05 17:03:09

I'm going too! We're taking 3 children - I'm not sure whether I'm looking forward to it or not...

Here is a thread from the last festival, in case you haven't seen it tips

NMR Sun 19-Jun-05 18:01:17

Thankyou for the great ideas. I will certainly pray for no rain! The kids activities sound fantastic. I will let you know if we get to see any bands!

ediemay Sun 19-Jun-05 18:38:18

Have a great time, take some Arret or similar, festivals are a bad palce to get the sh*ts!

RTKangaMummy Mon 20-Jun-05 10:35:30

DEFFO BRILL link to camping stuff for children

Memebers get 10% off

Skribble Mon 20-Jun-05 22:54:50

I.D. tags on wrist that have your mobile number, but not obvious easy to read by everybody.

Introduce kids to security staf so they know what they look like and arn't scared to approach them if the get lost.

There are lots of people wearing Hi-vis vest so make sure it is security and not a litter picker.

Sort out a plan if anyone including adults get lost there is nothing worse than wandering about for hours with 4 kids trying to find your friend.

Make sure mobile will last the weekend.
Take basic first aid stuff so you don't have to wait ages at first aid just for a plaster. Antiseptic cream is important in all that mud or dust if your lucky.

Skribble Wed 29-Jun-05 00:03:00

Never considered a canoe

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now