Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Static caravan tips please

(3 Posts)
cktwo Sun 01-Nov-09 11:29:00

Hi, for various reasons we are thinking of buying a static near the East Coast of Yorkshire (Scarborough preferably).

What should we be looking for and what are the pitfalls?

I'm thinking we're 2 hours drive away so I envisage us getting there for the school holidays and any sunny weekend inbetween.

Its very costly on your own, and unless you are willing to rent it out (has evenmore pitfalls) it does cost alot more than the normal holidays you take.

If you do buy one, go and stay on site first, talk to owner before management and if possible buy private sale rather than site caravans, its saves lots of money. Also check any rules about how old your van is allowed to be, otherwise you could be replacing a van every 5-10years, and forever be in debt

HTH

cktwo Sun 01-Nov-09 18:53:20

Thanks. We're going to look for a site we like then see if we can rent one for the season. I figure if we get the use, then we go ahead and buy.
I had a look at some of the bigger, more well equipped sites and we're talking £3k per year for fees. I'm not bothered about facilities, a quiet site will be fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now