Talk

Advanced search

Camping La Croix du Vieux Pont - getting into Paris

(11 Posts)
fatzak Tue 13-Oct-09 18:02:43

Anyone any top tips on the best (and cheapest!) way of getting into central Paris from this campsite? We are going over half term and want a day in Paris but obviously don't want to drive into centre and trains seem to be either very expensive or nowhere near the campsite!!

poppy34 Tue 13-Oct-09 20:57:35

have you tried the ratp website -it has trains buses etc or sncf that has trains -if you look for non tgv services these are often cheaper (if they take longer).

fatzak Tue 13-Oct-09 22:34:53

Will have a look Poppy - thanks smile

DanAtSiblu Wed 14-Oct-09 10:23:19

Message deleted

milkybarsrus Wed 14-Oct-09 12:13:33

Hi we did the train from Sousson station, for the 5 of us it cost a whopping 98 euro return!!!! that was this summer. not sure if would do it again as it was so expensive and the train only ran every 2 hours from there. If i went again I would pick the train up further down the line. great site by the way and have fun.

SnowWoman Wed 14-Oct-09 12:35:49

We used the bus from the camp. It's not cheap, but for 7 of us it was cheaper than the train and less hassle than driving and coping with the peripherique and parking.

My kids loved this site too - I'm sure you'll have a great time. Kidlets would also recommend Parc Asterix as a day out ( though it's not cheap either )

milkybarsrus Wed 14-Oct-09 18:44:02

me again. if you plan on doing more than one day at disney, then I would thoroughly recommend buying an annual pass as it almost always works out cheaper than a 2 day pass! plus you can go again for 'nothing' as we are this october half term.

Tortington Wed 14-Oct-09 18:46:13

been twice - from what i can remember they do coaches from on site.

Tortington Wed 14-Oct-09 18:46:31

don't forget parc asterix

bigTillyMint Wed 14-Oct-09 18:47:45

Parc Asterix is fab and they take Tesco Clubcard vouchers wink

fatzak Wed 14-Oct-09 18:53:42

milkybarsarus - we are actually spending two nights in a Disney hotel in the middle of our Eurocamp week as it was only about £70 more expensive than the two day passes! It was going to be £330 for two day passes for two adults and two children, and it's cost just over £400 for the hotel plus three days of passes! So my cheap and cheerful week in a Eurocamp mobile home has turned out rather more expensive but I can't wait grin

PS Thanks to Miss Sunny, the MN DLP expert who helped me book the hol grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now