Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Motorhome in Northumbria/North East in November? Madness?

(3 Posts)
ErnestTheBavarian Thu 01-Oct-09 12:58:36

We'll be in UK from 31 October to 8th November. We have 4 kids and fly to Manchester and out of Newcastle. We wanted to visit the lake district, Northumbria as well as family in C. Durham, so we'll be all over the place.

A campervan/Motorhome would possible be a really good solution, but would it be massively too cold at this time of year? Are we insane to even consider it?

Plus, how easy is it to get around, ie finding car parking, driving across to Holy Island etc?

Thanks

LilyBolero Thu 01-Oct-09 13:06:06

Easy to get around, bear in mind you can't park overnight on Holy Island, or camp there(in tents or campervan).

Grumpla Sun 04-Oct-09 22:34:40

As long as you have central heating in the van it shouldn't be too much of a problem. My parents regularly go to the Alps skiing in theirs and my dad is a massive wimp when it comes to the cold. They have gas heating plus a convection heater as a backup.

I've spent a couple of nights in the snow in my incredibly ancient caravan with an electric heater (not in the Alps I hasten to add!) and it was absolutely toasty warm. The advantage of a van of any kind is that you are heating a very small space. And at least you are in charge of the thermostat... unlike in B&Bs and hotels!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now