Talk

Advanced search

Fixing a big tear in the outside of my tent - advice please

(10 Posts)
strongblackcoffee Mon 28-Sep-09 10:04:34

Hi - have a large goat induced tear to fix in my tent (see here), as it doesn't look like we're going to be able to claim for the damage. I'm guessing that there must be special stuff for doing this, but I can't find out what I need. Anybody got any advice?

The tent is a Vango Tigris, it's the usual sort of nylon-y outer, I don't know what the material is actually called...

Help please...

Slubberdegullion Mon 28-Sep-09 10:06:34

Oh no! Poor tent.

Tenacious Tape should do it. Brilliant stuff, you'll probably have to get a few rolls though.

strongblackcoffee Mon 28-Sep-09 10:41:33

Thank you, that's looks perfect... my poor poor tent...

Slubberdegullion Mon 28-Sep-09 10:42:37

Poor poor tent indeed and horrid mean nasty goats (and what a bastard the farmer sounds too).

I am cross on your behalf.

strongblackcoffee Mon 28-Sep-09 10:49:35

Thank you smile I'm so bloody cross with the whole thing... it does sound daft to have not thought twice about moving once we saw the goats, but I basically assumed that because they were running around the field, there was no problem with them around the tents. Stupid bloody farmer... angry

Slubberdegullion Mon 28-Sep-09 10:51:49

I would go and name and shame him on ukcs. goaty git.

strongblackcoffee Mon 28-Sep-09 10:57:30

LOL at goaty git grin

troutpout Mon 28-Sep-09 12:36:43

Vango have excellent customer services i believe...have you phoned them? they might be able to repair it.
There are also repair companies
like this one

strongblackcoffee Mon 28-Sep-09 17:25:17

yes, that's a good idea, I should give them a call and see. Thank you, that's helpful

Pixel Thu 08-Oct-09 22:49:10

I've just repaired my Vango with tenacious tape (as mentioned below), it's brilliant stuff.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now