Talk

Advanced search

Just back from first camping trip!

(8 Posts)
happymerryberries Sat 04-Jun-05 16:35:29

And we had a great time!

First time in our own tent and we all had fun. The kids thought it was fab and nothing beats sitting outside your tent in the fine morning sun, smelling fresh coffee and watching dh cooking breakfast for us all!

Bliss!

roisin Sat 04-Jun-05 16:51:12

fine morning sun?! Where were you?

Pleased you had a good time.

cupcakes Sat 04-Jun-05 16:57:47

Our first trip too!
We only went for 2 nights though which was probably enough for our two - they were exhausted on the drive home.
We had really nice weather too

happymerryberries Sat 04-Jun-05 17:00:00

Near Bournemouth. It was fine for our first two days, so fine in fact that my balding dh burned his head!
We had 4 nights on site and it was great fun.

sallystrawberry Sat 04-Jun-05 17:00:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

happymerryberries Sat 04-Jun-05 17:03:45

We had a bit of drizzle when we were packing up, so the tent is now in the garage drying out

swedishmum Sat 04-Jun-05 22:23:03

It's great you enjoyed it. I'm off to buy our tent in the next couple of weeks for first trip (since motorbike weekend days) - you've given me hope! Think we may try out a local site first for a couple of days before going far from home! I guess your children and dh enjoyed it too?

misspastry Sat 04-Jun-05 23:15:21

great thread, lets have a camping fan thing going on, we went on our first trip since we were kids oursleves last weekend, yep great fun, maybe we can recommned good sites we want to find a small site in pembrokshire or devon for august any suggestions greatly received!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now