Talk

Advanced search

Canvas utility/kitchen tent.... anyone found one??

(11 Posts)
SR248 Tue 15-Sep-09 15:10:50

Have had a fab summer this year in a new soul pad bell tent - which is wonderful, but there are 5 of us so we take up a lot of space. We could do with somewhere to store kitchen equipment etc & to use as a kitchen if the weather is not so kind!!

I've trudged through many websites & can't find anything in keeping with the canvas style... just wondered if anyone has found anything more suitable?

Any suggestions gratefully received!!

saintlydamemrsturnip Tue 15-Sep-09 15:12:27

bell tent do something - a canvas tarp though, but I saw it attached to someone else's bell tent- they were using it as a cooking/eating area and throught I might get it to go with our soulpad.

saintlydamemrsturnip Tue 15-Sep-09 15:13:56

here- an awning

saintlydamemrsturnip Tue 15-Sep-09 15:17:25

or dining shelters here

Slubberdegullion Tue 15-Sep-09 15:41:55

Polycotton utility tent.

I got mine new from ebay. There may be a photo of it on my profile...I'll go and check.

It's a marvellous thing.

Slubberdegullion Tue 15-Sep-09 15:47:39

The other alternative we have for when we can't take the utility is the tarp (similar to what mrsturnip has linked to) over the top of a windbreak. A nice canvas windbreak mind, none of this ghastly low end stripy plastic business. wink

SR248 Tue 15-Sep-09 16:50:28

Oooh thanks so much - I will investigate now!!

MollieO Tue 15-Sep-09 19:17:44

Slubber I want to see a picture of your assembled tarp! [pleading emoticon]grin. I am planning to have a go at it this weekend weather depending.

Slubberdegullion Tue 15-Sep-09 21:51:26

No photo Mollie, sorry. I've got some photos taken from underneath it (you can just see the corners) but I doubt that they would be very helpful.

MollieO Tue 15-Sep-09 23:03:36

Thought it was worth a shot Slubber. Maybe I should just give up and purchase a utility tent. It can go on ds's lap when we travel as he is the one keen to be undercover when we are cooking!

SR248 Wed 16-Sep-09 15:35:06

Thanks all - think I'm going to go for the Polycotton utility tent - looks just the ticket & they're on ebay for £79... might try the tarp too for an awning, but it looks quite complex to get right!!??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now