Talk

Advanced search

Best time to buy a tent?

(7 Posts)
marmitemad Tue 08-Sep-09 13:33:15

We have narrowed down to the Outwell Baltic Sea L or the Bear Lake (really, really want this but tis ££££ and is really too big for us atm)
so am now needing advice on whether to buy now (and not use it until 2010) or to wait until sometime next year and risk mega price increases?

Dh wants to wait but the salesperson said prices will go up approx 10-15% even for old models (I know he's probably just desperate for the sale)

thanks in advance

MollieO Tue 08-Sep-09 15:06:33

Am a newbie to camping but there does seem to be a lot of end of season offers around atm. I've no idea if there will be better offers at the beginning of next season but I've managed to get a tent at 65% off the pre-sale price.

bigTillyMint Tue 08-Sep-09 15:11:34

Well the tent I wanted to get last September did go up in price, but I still bought it (in May)grin

Are you looking online or in a real shop? I guess that either way they're not going to tell you whether it'll be more or less.

troutpout Wed 09-Sep-09 07:36:52

i would say to buy it now if you can possibly stretch to it. Most of the outwells are cheaper now than they were at the beginning of the season.
They do seem to seem to get more expensive each year. My Montana 6 is more expensive now than it was when i bought it in 2006.

Lucycat Wed 09-Sep-09 18:15:06

Have you looked on ebay for a second hand Bear Lake? There are loads here and if you can get one near you then it's worth having a look.

I'd always go for a bigger tent than you think you'd need and a Bear lake isn't that huge.

BethNoire Wed 09-Sep-09 18:28:55

Sales after Christmas or on Ebay in the 6 weeks following a wet year is my best guess .

3rdnparty Wed 09-Sep-09 18:52:24

hi bought my bear lake this year and got a slightly more reasonable price by getting sites to price match... still ££ but worth every penny- it is not huge footrint wise but so solid sat through gales etc and didn't move /flap/drip.... we have the 4 as only 3 of us and its perfect (well i like the canopy of the wolf lake better but thats too big/heavy)
our biggest problem is storing it at home good luck would consider 2nd hand as they are so sturdy..smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now