Talk

Advanced search

So you were all right - camping is lovely!!!

(12 Posts)
MistergodthisisSal Mon 07-Sep-09 21:25:24

I realise that this is a bit of a pointless thread, but as it's not a proper review, and I really just wanted to come back and thank all you lovely posters for all the great advice, I couldn't not post. So, here goes...

Not only did we survive our first camping trip, dh, myself and our 17-month old son absolutely loved it! The weather was brilliant, the tent stayed up (go figure!), and I eventually got my fire started.

We went to Blackberry Wood, which is beautiful and just what we needed for a first "try".

Riven and Slubber, if you're reading this - thanks for the tent suggestion. Vango Orchy 500 great for us.

Sorry, I'm just so stupidly excited. Will shut up now. Wish it was beginning of summer already...

mybabywakesupsinging Mon 07-Sep-09 21:35:03

we could have posted nearly the same thing...2 little boys had their first night in a tent at the weekend.
Ds2 is still very impressed with the fact that "mummy make a cooker" (we have a trangia).
Ds1 is still explaining to the toys that stayed at home how he and his elephant slept in a tent in a bag in the night...
They both want to go again, preferably tonight.
We have an Orchy 600...

MistergodthisisSal Mon 07-Sep-09 21:59:31

Aww, how sweet! grin Love the elephant line!

Can't believe it took me this long to actually try it out. I'm definitely going to go camping often next year.

Dh is itching to get a Cadac grill - at least we can use that in the garden until summer...

Morosky Mon 07-Sep-09 22:04:31

Wow blackberry wood is a fantastic first campsite, we love camping.

MistergodthisisSal Mon 07-Sep-09 22:13:47

It was great, yes. I really needed this first time to be great or else I'm not sure I would be able to persuade dh to return!

Ds however got a little obsessed with blackberries, so by the end of the weekend some really scary nappies. wink

northmetking Wed 09-Sep-09 13:48:21

I am also obsessed with blackberries. Luckily we have a Cobb so we were able to make crumble while camping, made with lovely freshly-picked berries from the cliff tops.
Best camping meal I've ever had.
I love the Cobb.

bunnyrabbit Wed 09-Sep-09 14:00:29

Sal, just wanted to say again how please I am that it went so well and you are now a camping convert! LOL re scarey blackberry nappies. Was very worried about DS2's nappies as had lots of big bits in until I realised they were undigested grape skins.

...and I so want a Cobb but spent so much on camping stuff last month I'm not sure DH would go for it!!

BR

Overmydeadbody Wed 09-Sep-09 14:02:37

Wow, glad you guys loved your camping trip and you are now converts!grin

I love camping.

Slubberdegullion Wed 09-Sep-09 14:17:55

Oh yay smile

Glad to here the tent was great and the whole experience went well.

Lucycat Wed 09-Sep-09 18:11:47

fab! It's always good to see a new convert to the cause.

Do we get to see a photo of the successful camp? smile

BethNoire Wed 09-Sep-09 18:14:58

Ha! Told you

Did the LO enjoy it? Bas (my only clue) enjoyed it immensely this year. BR- go for the Cobb. but make sure you use only scratch proof scourers and treat well initially, as we did both and still need a new grill. Still- 6 of us for 3 weeks s some cooking!

MistergodthisisSal Wed 09-Sep-09 20:53:50

grin Thanks everyone. See, this is another reason why I'm now convinced that camping's the way ahead - everyone is so nice.

BR, grin at grape-skin nappies. Oh, the things I never thought about before!

Ooh, so this Cobb thing then - I've seen you guys have been raving about it. Anyone ever use it away from camping? Dh is fixed on a Cadac bbq, but might be able to convince him otherwise... Would be quite happy with Cadac though - have grown up with it.

BethNoire Yes, he absolutely loved it! It was such a nice family-thing to do too.

Here are some pics.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now