Talk

Advanced search

Just bought a Vermont XL, and am very disappointed

(10 Posts)
Peabody Sat 05-Sep-09 18:04:09

I never thought I would say this. I have been so excited about the new purchase. We put it up for the first time today, and I was horrified to discover that instead of the advertised 3 bedrooms, it only has 2.

Yes, the second bedroom has a curtain down the middle, but as there is nothing securing this curtain to the floor, there is nothing stopping a small child from crawling between both 'bedrooms' at will.

We bought this tent specifically because it has 2 bedrooms as opposed to the 2 we have in our current tent. It now appears we are no better off than we are before.

Has anyone got a solution to save the day? Are there different inners we could put in the tent? Is our only option to put this down to experience and sell the thing on?

Peabody Sat 05-Sep-09 18:04:49

*has 3 bedrooms as opposed to 2

Slubberdegullion Sat 05-Sep-09 18:10:09

Isn't the 3rd bedroom the optional one you can hang up in the living area and use as a loo/wardrobe/storage area/whatever?

On the specs is the line separating the two bedrooms a dotted line? If it is then that I'm afraid is the standard way of describing a dividing curtain rather than two separate rooms iyswim.

What about putting in a kids room? Would that work? They are a complete unit afaik.

Sorry to hear you are disappointed.

MollieO Sat 05-Sep-09 18:11:34

Can't you exchange it for something like this?

Slubberdegullion Sat 05-Sep-09 18:12:51

OK I'm looking at the specs here. Can't see from the floor plan if it is dotted or not.

Ignore what I said about the 3rd bedroom, that must be the Norfolk Lake i'm thinking of.

Slubberdegullion Sat 05-Sep-09 18:17:02

Can you stick the marauding child in the 3rd bedroom?

I think as you have pitched it, and there is nowt wrong with it you might have to just sell and put it down to experience.

fwiw I'd wait until next spring as I'm sure you'd get a better price then than if you sold it now.

Peabody Sat 05-Sep-09 18:19:06

Slubber, I know the one you're thinking of (Utah maybe?) and it's not that one

It is a dotted line. We didn't mind the idea of a dividing curtain. We just thought it would be secure. In the Outwell Maryland, for instance, the dotted line means a curtain, but it zips all the way round to form an enclosed space (iirc).

Exchanging sounds like a great idea, Molly - I will ring and ask them. We bought from Yeomans.

Peabody Mon 14-Sep-09 14:27:20

Just wanted to add that I have found the solution to the problem. There is a tent repair company who are going to stitch up the curtain for us to make two separate pods. I am really happy as it will then be the perfect tent for us. The company website is www.scottishmountaingear.com in case anyone else has the same problem.

troutpout Tue 15-Sep-09 09:03:52

Glad you found a good solution
smile

TheBalladofGayTony Tue 15-Sep-09 09:10:52

peabody - thanks for the link, i have a pole that need fixed and that company are just down the road from me! happy days.

glad you got your tent sorted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now