Talk

Advanced search

Pls help me create a lovely cosy sleeping nest.

(9 Posts)
ShePeeTeePee Fri 04-Sep-09 11:11:13

I've spent this camping season sliding of my regular Airic (always seem to be pitched on a slope), while wrapped in my really-not-warm-enough sleeping bag, with various spare clothing strewn on top for added warmth. While this arrangement is fine for the average 18 year old backpacker, I think something utilising DH's body heat may be more satisfactory. We did start out with mats pushed together and sleeping bags inter-zipped to form a double, but I just ended up in a tangled mess and was always falling in the gap as the mats slipped apart in the night. Anyone managed to come up with comfy sleeping arrangements for two?

scarletlilybug Fri 04-Sep-09 11:22:31

I would really recommend the super deluxe kingsize readybed (or whatever it's called). Very comfortable, pretty warm, too (although an extra blanket doesn't go amiss on cooler nights.) I hate getting tangled up in sleeping bags - but because the readybed sleeping bag is attached to the base, it's more like a duvet (only it can't slip off).
HTH.

(I had one of the older versions, which wasn't that great, tbh. The super deluxe version is the way to go).

LilRedWG Fri 04-Sep-09 12:03:23

We have (from floor up):

- Cheepo foam mats (from Somerfield I think)
- A couple of fleece blankets (Ikea)
- A double airbed
- Blanket
- Sheet
- Goosedown duvet and pillows off our bed at home.

'Tis lovely and snuggly.

CMOTdibbler Fri 04-Sep-09 12:08:37

Kingsize aerobed, matress topper, flanelette sheet, goosedown 14.5 tog duvet. Super warm and comfy

ShePeeTeePee Fri 04-Sep-09 12:17:10

Now that does sound nest-like LilRed.

Brings me back to the fact that we really do NEED a roof-box. Now surely DH can see it's a small outlay for such obvious advantages!

Down duvet sounds like the key essential for adult camping.

Any alternatives to the double duvet? Seem to remember someone on here buying one of those roll-up mattresses (which we most certainly don't have room for at the moment). Was it any good?

Ready bed won't work for DH, Scarlet -he likes to be able to fling his legs out when he gets too hot. Another point in favour of the duvet.

Slubberdegullion Fri 04-Sep-09 12:24:58

From floor up:

Fleece blanket
Thermarest (2 side by side)
Fleeceblanket
Single sheet over blanket and 2 thermarests
Sleeping bag (mummy stle with head toggled up into the...it it called the baffle? The top bit)

if v cold

King size fleece blanket over and tucked round and under the thermarests.

I also have sturdy pj's and a hot waterbottle.

ShePeeTeePee Fri 04-Sep-09 12:25:44

So, I find airbeds cold and uncomfortable because I've only ever had the really cheap ones from Argos?

Love the Aerobed camping video - especially the shot of the guy caressing its peachy pertness!

LilRedWG Fri 04-Sep-09 13:35:10

SPTP - that;'s why I put blankets and mats under and over the airbed - stops the coldness.

specialmagiclady Mon 07-Sep-09 17:38:51

From ground up -

Bottom of tent
Double airbed but is one with 2 separate inflation bits so minimal bounce when DH moves
WOOL blanket
Brushed cotton sheet
Duvet
Flannel pillowcases on pillows
Unzipped sleeping bag over the top of the lot.

I wear flannel pyjamas, cashmere bedsocks and the top, or all of my Mole Suit (Black velour tracksuit from Ikea - clarse!)

I sometimes wake up totally sweaty - bliss!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now