Talk

Advanced search

fat airics storage...

(16 Posts)
bea Fri 04-Sep-09 08:57:39

ok i admit it we are summer campers and thus i am now faced with a room filled to the rim with camping paraphanalia and thus it is my job today (children permitting) that i gain some sort of order out of this chaos...

first things first!!! have read on the alpkit website about storage of fat airics should be flat and unrolled...but i do not have any under bed space!!!do you all keep yours rolled up or are you good little campers and do as alpkit says and leave them unrolled and inflated until next camping trip!!!!

also please send your well wishes and prayers to me!!! wink you cannot believe the mess!!! shock

thrifty Fri 04-Sep-09 09:26:13

ooo. I'm a bad camper. I didn't look at how you are supposed to store them :-o. Mine are wedged in neatly stored in the newly created space at the top of the wardrobe and rolled as tight as i could get them. I have given up 6 bin bags of clothes to the charity shop that are too small out of season to make space for the airic's and sleeping bags etc.
Would be interested to know about storage though. If they need to be flat i may be able to store upright in the back of my wardrobe.

cockles Fri 04-Sep-09 11:58:12

I had no idea either! I think I can ram them under a bed somewhere - let's see...

bea Fri 04-Sep-09 13:02:21

oh no!!! are you all going to store them in the correct manner then? shock

I was hoping for some tardy lazy solidarity... along the lines of

"don't worry i just stick them in the loft rolled up and they appear the next trip perfectly fine!" grin

Slubberdegullion Fri 04-Sep-09 13:11:14

I am a good camper. sorry.

I have mine stored up on the rafters in the garage.

thrifty Fri 04-Sep-09 16:44:10

rolled or straight slubs?

Slubberdegullion Fri 04-Sep-09 16:48:12

Straight and fully inflated (with valve open). Just like mr thermarest said.

[goody two shoes]

Lucycat Fri 04-Sep-09 19:32:18

straight and fully inflated - just like slubber grin- stood up at the back of the dd's wardrobe! It does work thrifty!

MollieO Fri 04-Sep-09 20:30:53

Do you store them like that in between camping trips as well or just at the end of the season. Not sure I can cope if you have to do it after every trip [wimp lazy arse emoticon]

bea Sat 05-Sep-09 00:10:06

Lucycat... flippin' eck how tall are your wardrobes... i must have a very small one!!!

Lucycat Sat 05-Sep-09 14:48:54

They are fitted to the ceiling - only a 1930's house tho' not a Victorian mansion grin

dobby2001 Sun 06-Sep-09 01:20:59

dont have airics but cheap lidls mats. I keep them rolled up and then get out and inflate a couple of days prior to camp, wedging them folded in 3 into car to travel - they seem ok.

I do kno some peeps who put their mats under their mattress, beteen that and bed base, stored flat with valve open so meeting criteria for good storage grin

kiwibella Sun 06-Sep-09 14:45:31

what's the storage bag for then grin.

I had no idea and have kept them in their bags in the cupboard. They do come out fairly regularly with sleep-overs and nights crashed on friends floors.

troutpout Mon 07-Sep-09 13:52:56

I'm thinking of using mine as a mattress topper ..my bed is so blardy uncomfortable. Comes to something when you have to go camping to sort out your bad back. hmm
Can't afford a new bed atm...wonder if mattress topping counts as correct storage for my airic wink

Soups Tue 08-Sep-09 11:03:50

I keep all my self inflating mats flat over the winter, don't bother in between trips. I put some behind the kids wardrobes.

MollieO Tue 08-Sep-09 15:59:16

Soups - thanks for answering my question. I have storage space for them but it is handy to know that I don't need to bother unfolding them between trips.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now