Talk

Advanced search

great site on holland, belgium or germany anyone?

(12 Posts)
2fedup Thu 03-Sep-09 15:11:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mafog Thu 03-Sep-09 15:23:20

Denmark is very good for camp sites and pretty much all places would be be within 4-5 hours for Esbjerg. What sort of camp sites/facilities do you like?

2fedup Thu 03-Sep-09 15:54:10

nikkid21 Thu 03-Sep-09 17:34:53

Just come back from 2 weeks at Duinrell in Holland. Fab site with lots to do and very clean showers etc.

There is entertainment etc if you want it (we never used it). Excellent beaches nearby and only 3 1/2 hours drive from the Eurotunnel.

Have a look at their site or Eurocamp / Canvas to see it.

Quieter site that we look at when over there was duinhorst. It looked very nice and we plan to visit there next year.

Praminthehall Thu 03-Sep-09 19:28:26

We went to Camping De Paal, just over the border with Belgian (it's in Holland). The website is in Dutch but don't let that put you off - it's fab. They speak faultless english if you email or call. Great pool with water play area (never seen anything like it); big playground plus play areas on each field (individual plots are generous - most people have campers or caravans but we were camping and there were lots of tents too). Bike hire, children's farm where you can get the rabbits out ... etc etc. Really good facilities for washing etc - cleanest I've ever seen on a campsite. Properly hot water and baths!

The restaurant was a bit rubbish but I couldn't fault it otherwise.

We drove from Calais but broke the journey near Bruges - but you could easily do it under 5 hrs from the ports. Probably about 3 hours.

2fedup Fri 04-Sep-09 14:32:42

ShePeeTeePee Fri 04-Sep-09 14:38:07

Are you going to share the Normandy site? grin

(Lurking for Dutch recommendations).

Slubberdegullion Fri 04-Sep-09 14:53:02

We've done Durinell with eurocamp (in the tents). I thought the tents were great. In hindsight the site wasn't really appropriate for the age of our dds when we took them (1 and 2) it would be great to go with 11+ year olds, you would basically never see them there is so much stuff to do in the theme park.

It is basically like camping in Thorpe Park.

The loos were AMAZING. They were so clean and sparkly. I swear there was one lady who was just permanently cleaning them, like the 4th bridge.

badgerhead Fri 04-Sep-09 16:15:26

You could try Camping Konigshof near Leiden in Holland. Has an indoor pool as well as an outdoor one, clean loos, showers etc. Easy to get to from Hook of Holland via Harwich & good access to Den Haag & Amsterdam.

ChopsTheDuck Fri 04-Sep-09 16:26:35

koningshof is very small though. I wasn't impressed. The shop is ok, but the only restaurant on site is quite pricey too.

I went to a lovely one in Germany with eurocapms, where we had a fantastic time. sudsee camp The lake is beautiful, it has great facilities, reasonable food. Its a bit further from calais, but the german road system is great.

Great to hear duinrell is good, we're booked there for easter.

2fedup Sat 05-Sep-09 09:41:44

ShePeeTeePee Sat 05-Sep-09 17:08:22

Ah, I like les Castels too. We stayed at Anse du Brick - really close to Cherbourg and it was lovely. It would make a great short break if only the ferry wasn't so horribly expensive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now