Talk

Advanced search

Mummyisamonster - where are you!!!!

(16 Posts)
fatzak Wed 02-Sep-09 17:59:46

Are you back from France yet? I need to know if I saw you at La Garangeoire grin

Mummyisamonster Fri 04-Sep-09 20:15:25

Yes, yes, I am back home sad. So, who were you? I spent all holiday with my eyes peeled for you & your two boys but bl&&dy hell, there were LOTS of very blonde little boys there...

I was the short blonde pale woman with the asian husband, and two dark-ish haired kids - my DS (aged 3, nearly 4) spent most of the holiday whinging about having to walk everywhere (you MUST have heard the screams..). We were at the pool most days, mostly in the baby pool, tried kids club a few times too, I was often in the pool bar area with DS early afternoon. Occassionally we were around the garden area in the evening (where the bouncy castle was), did you watch the magician? Did you try the circus?

We were near the woods, in between lots of eurocamp and keycamp tents..

So, who are you?? grin

fatzak Fri 04-Sep-09 22:24:34

Hello! I must have seen you as we too spent most of the time in the baby pool!! How funny that you think we must have heard your DS whinging - DS1 (6) had some horrible moments which we put down to his epilepsy which unfortunately reared its ugly head during our first week. Every time we went to the pool DS1 had a scream about something - usually about him running off to the slides without his armbands!! Both mine had bright blue UV protection top thingies on if that jogs anything grin

Did I see the magician? What a weirdy thing to have for the kids didn't you think? I was PMSL when he started with the cigarette trick and all the English kids just stared at him wondering what on earth he was up to!!

Now, I've remembered a couple of key moments when I wondered if I'd met you! Don't suppose you came to talk to someone reading the same book as you? Did your children have walkie-talkies?

We were down toward the go kart track amongst mobile homes - great pitch as we had the shower block pretty much to ourselves! Have put in a reservation for next year so fingers crossed!

Mummyisamonster Sun 06-Sep-09 19:59:51

MUST have seen you - I do definitely recall seeing small children in bright blue UV togs. My DS (aged 3) had a blue all in one as well. I don't remember hearing any particular screaming/hissy fits by any kids other than my own! I guess you tune out other kids a bit don't you?

I didn't approach anyone reading the same book as me though did mention something to a woman reading a Jodi Picoult book but her kids were much older. We didn't have walkie-talkies either (though have added them to my 'must get' list for next year).

Did you go to the crepe evenings in the garden next to the bar? Did you use the kids club at all? Horse-riding?

I agree, I thought the magician was weird (though funny!!)

Me = blonde shoulder length hair, pale skinned, freckly. Often sat in the baby pool at the side/bridge next to the larger pool. Often my DS and I were in the bar area with him covered in chocolate from eating one of those nice ice-creams.

Ooh, this is so frustrating! If we're both there next year we will have to arrange a definite rendezvous in the bar or something? grin

fatzak Sun 06-Sep-09 20:35:43

Isn't it frustrating!!! We didn't do the kids club at all nor horse riding! We did do the grill evening and were there for the kids' disco and the puppet show.

We must have seen you around the pool! DS2 will have no doubt wanted to play with yours as he was forever making friends with anyone who looked his age and subjecting them to being dragged around the baby pool and under the waterfall with his noodle grin

Yes, next year if we are there we must have a definite meeting point. Watch this space for if we get a pitch - think they let you know by October.

Mummyisamonster Sun 06-Sep-09 20:43:34

It feels a bit like waiting to see if you've won money on the pools or something!I do hope we get the dates & pitch we want. Did you request the same one as you had this year?

How was your journey down? We did the tunnel to Calais, drove to Le Mans, stayed overnight & had an ok trip to the campsite on ther way there..on the way back we drove to Rouen which felt a LONG way but was very handy for the tunnel the next day.

Your DS and mine must have met. Mine loved the waterfall. What's a noodle??

fatzak Sun 06-Sep-09 20:58:25

We had a very easy journey there - drove down to Portsmouth on the Sunday aft then sailed overnight to St Malo with a 3 and half hour journey down to St Julien. Going back was a bit of a pain as there isn't an overnighter from St Malo so we decided to get one from Le Havre. The journey up to Le Havre seemed to take forever, then we didn't sail until 11.00pm and couldn't get on the boat until 10.15 so we were all shattered.

We've requested our pitch(Camomilles) from this year as our first choice then put some from the seas and oceans area!!! I don't mind where we end up to be honest but did really like where we were.

Noodle - one of those foam tube things you can float around on in the pool!

Mummyisamonster Wed 09-Sep-09 20:22:30

OOh...I can almost visualise your DS I think...the all in one blue thingy and the noodle..was it red?

Anyway, let me know when you hear from La Garangeoire won't you? grin

Mummyisamonster Tue 13-Oct-09 15:07:47

fatzak, you got your confirmation from La G yet? smile

fatzak Wed 14-Oct-09 19:40:05

We got it this morning grin

1-18th August - decided to go for a long stay this time smile

Feels very odd that I don't have the usual huge task of sorting out the holiday. Just ferries to think about now but I think that we will just do Dover - Calais next year and do an overnight stop (great excuse to buy a couple of pop up tents)

Wish I knew which pitch we had (how sad that I will be very excited about that!)

See you in August - this time we must arrange to meet up rather than try and suss each other out!

Mummyisamonster Thu 15-Oct-09 13:27:14

Yes, we got ours too. I was slightly surprised that they didn't specify the pitch as that's what I'd spent ages pondering about!

We're looking at 6-20th Aug and like you will do Dover-Calais (again). Our stop-overs worked well though the one in Le Mans wasn't that great but we were so shattered we didn't really care.

And yes, this time we must make a concerted effort to meet up over a glass of vino while the kids are at kids club grin

dreamingofsun Fri 16-Oct-09 17:35:46

if you get a chance to see the rock group (can't remember name) do, as we thought they were really good - much better than the ones you get in pubs round here. think they visit once per month.

fatzak Sat 17-Oct-09 14:10:37

I heard them on our first night but we had just got there and were too tired to go smile

Mummyisamonster Thu 22-Oct-09 20:43:58

Yes, we heard them too and slightly regretted not going..must try harder next year!

fatzak Thu 22-Oct-09 22:04:09

Faxed our reservation off today grin DH phoned as well and asked which pitch we might end up with - she said in same area as last time - we were Camomilles and had asked for that as first choice so pleased we are there. We had put the oceans/seas as other top choice as there was a fab grass areas which the pitches looked out on, but imagine you have had to be going for a hundred years to get one of those!

Mummyisamonster Sat 24-Oct-09 16:50:44

Yup, faxed ours too just in the nick of time 'though I didn't phone the campsite to ask about pitches. Fingers crossed we'll get the one we had this year. Feels very weird to have booked for next year already.

Can't think where the oceans pitches were.....though did spot some great ones near the mobile homes etc.

OOh, it is AGES away...<<sigh>>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now