Talk

Advanced search

2010 Festivals - Camp Bestival or Larmer Tree?

(9 Posts)
northmetking Tue 01-Sep-09 13:44:47

Hi,

I know it's early to be thinking of this, but we went to Larmer Tree this year and absolutely loved it and can't wait to get to another festival.

Can't decide whether to go back to Larmer Tree next year or to try Camp Bestival, as it seems like a similar sort of feel.

Ideally we'd love to do both, maybe with a holiday inbetween as they're both down in the same neck of the woods, but realistically we can't afford that.

So, has anyone been to both, who can give us an opinion on how Camp Bestival compares to Larmer Tree?

Thanks ;-)

haventsleptforayear Fri 04-Sep-09 10:45:05

Only been to Larmer Tree (this year too!) and loved it -DH wants to go back next year.

Bestival looked a lot bigger, for the moment I prefer to lose my children in a smaller space grin

northmetking Fri 04-Sep-09 20:20:42

That's what I thought, and it was the smallness of Larmer Tree that we loved so much. Loved Lost Wood, with the little Dish Cafe and art installations.

Perhaps we'll go back to Larmer Tree and try a really small one as well.

I'm pining for Larmer Tree now!

MrsGokWantstogocampingagain Sun 06-Sep-09 13:17:19

Can I just ask what size tents most people take to these festivals. Can you take your big family tents or do you have to take the small 'festival' tents.

giddykipper Sun 06-Sep-09 13:19:48

We went to Camp Bestival this year with a mahoosive 9 man tent, slightly concerned that we would be frowned upon, but everyone had the same.

MrsGokWantstogocampingagain Sun 06-Sep-09 13:34:48

Cheers Giddy

giddykipper Sun 06-Sep-09 13:48:13

We were actually badly prepared compared to a lot of families who had also brought gazebos and created little kitchen-diners outside! The downside of bringing a lot of camping gear is that you have to leave your car a fair distance from the campsite, so you have to lug it all over by hand. Sensible people with big cars brought garden trollies to carry it all on.

haventsleptforayear Mon 07-Sep-09 10:27:50

We hired a caravan blush.

It rained most of the weekend so thank god grin

northmetking Fri 11-Sep-09 13:11:46

Yes, it did rain quite a lot and the wind was pretty strong too, especially for the carnival procession. Not easy walking in strong wind with a peacock-esque streamer-clad backpack! But our new tent (Coleman Modulus) stood up well, and we had lots of fun despite the weather.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now