Talk

Advanced search

Bunting - fabric or knitted?

(13 Posts)
MollieO Sun 30-Aug-09 20:51:32

Really can't believe I'm starting a thread on this. Blame my new found obession with bell tents blush.

Saw some lovely fabric bunting on a marquee today but have also seen pictures of knitted bunting looking good. Which way should I go?

MollieO Sun 30-Aug-09 20:52:38

obsession blush

UniS Sun 30-Aug-09 20:53:13

how much time have you got on your hands....
fabric bunting is much quicker to make. I saw some nice stuff made from kids duvet covers earlier this year. not even hemmed, very colourfull.

MrsGokWantstogocampingagain Sun 30-Aug-09 21:56:02

And can you imagine what would happen to knitted bunting in the rain shock unless of course you mean that it goes inside the tent and not outside.

No idea about these things blush

MollieO Sun 30-Aug-09 22:35:14

Maybe I should do fabric on the outside, like I saw on the marquee today and knitted on the inside or else get a life grin.

Quite fancy doing a bit of knitting blush.

supersalstrawberry Sun 30-Aug-09 22:48:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MollieO Sun 30-Aug-09 23:57:01

Oilcloth may be a good idea and for the inside I'd love to be able to make this.

MaryMotherOfCheeses Mon 31-Aug-09 00:02:59

Roffle grin

That looks like a whole load of 1970s crocheted gstrings on a washing line.

Croshay'ed? Can't spell it. Either way...

Do people really put bunting on their tents?

MrsGokWantstogocampingagain Mon 31-Aug-09 10:26:44

It's crochet and yes I saw a lovely tent replendant with bunting when we were away, not for me but each to his own.

MollieO Mon 31-Aug-09 19:56:19

I bought some lovely reduced Laura Ashley material today. A selection of different ones for bunting and then enough to do liner too.

Mary it is supposed to be kitsch grin.

supersalstrawberry Mon 31-Aug-09 20:53:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

millenniumfalcon Mon 31-Aug-09 22:38:17

toddler socks on a washing line make top notch bunting if you've had enough wine

MollieO Mon 31-Aug-09 22:40:55

LOL millennium. Ds is 5 with huge feet. If I used his socks for bunting we'd be in permanent shade grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now