Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Compact travel cot - urgent recommendations please

(16 Posts)
Wiggletastic Sat 29-Aug-09 21:06:05

Our 10 month DD is now too big for her samsonite bubble cot as she is sitting up and can roll it over. We have just realised that the normal travel cot/playpen we have is too big to fit in the tent (and the car!). Any suggestions? We are going on Tuesday so need something asap and having trawled the internet even the supposedly 'compact' ones are too big. Getting desperate now...

mumtoallgirls Sat 29-Aug-09 22:34:07

We have a nomad for our ten month old. she likes it. as do my 2 and 3 year old. They have no problem getting into it. so should last a while!

mumtoallgirls Sat 29-Aug-09 22:35:19

wiggletastic: just realised the nomad roo big for your tent.....i'm blaming the wine

MollieO Sat 29-Aug-09 22:35:49

Samsonite do a bigger cot here - third one down on link. Folds up very small but is bigger than the bubble cot.

rocketupbum Sat 29-Aug-09 22:37:51

Is there another version of the samsonite for the next level up? can't remember the name just now!
Hopefully someone with brains and less wine will come along soon

FlamingoBingo Sat 29-Aug-09 22:38:58

Can't you just put her on a camping mat? DD4 co-sleeps, but even daytime naps are just taken on the mattress.

PinkyRed Sat 29-Aug-09 22:40:04

We've got the bigger samsonite one - v good. V easy to put up and ds v snug. Would recommend it.

MollieO Sat 29-Aug-09 22:43:29

Another good sized compact travel cot.

Wiggletastic Sun 30-Aug-09 10:31:44

Thanks for the suggestions girls. Its the bigger samsonite that we have at the moment but she can roll it over. We have thought about just putting her on a mat but she has never co-slept and has always been in a cot so not sure how that would work. She tends to move around a lot in the night and I don't want her getting cold if she rolls off of the mat IYSWIM. The bedroom in our tent slopes at the back so it is the height/width that is the issue. We really need something sort of the same size as the samsonite but more like a proper travel cot. Maybe I should invent something? smile

MollieO Sun 30-Aug-09 10:36:25

Can't you position it so she can't roll it over? There is nothing that is bigger than the Samonsite one afaik. At least there wasn't 4 yrs ago when I was researching it. I didn't look at proper travel cots as I needed something that would fold very small. You might find a normal travel cot that is a bit smaller than usual.

Wiggletastic Sun 30-Aug-09 10:44:54

We can position it so she can't roll over one way but not the other. Maybe a camping mat that fills the whole bedroom area might be the answer then she can roll about as much as she wants! grin

MollieO Sun 30-Aug-09 10:49:29

If you can position it by the tent wall then that would stop one way. Can't you postion a rolled up towel the other side to prevent that way too? Ds used to do the same but he was older so it wasn't a problem - he'd sort himself out!

BetsyBoop Sun 30-Aug-09 16:12:48

we have a kampa junior airbed for DS (20 months when he first used it) It has small sides on it (looks a bit like a dingy IYKWIM) which stops him rolling off. After the first night (of getting used to the whole camping thing) he's slept on it very well

Wiggletastic Sun 30-Aug-09 18:15:02

I see what you mean MollieO but being a paranoid parent of a PFB I am worried about her getting all in a fankle and none of us being able to sleep properly. sad

BetsyBoop, your kampa bed idea looks like a good idea but I think she is a bit small for this type of bed at the moment, maybe next year for that one.

I really feel she needs a bed that will contain her from moving around too much and that she can't roll over. There really is a gap in the market here...

MollieO Sun 30-Aug-09 20:02:11

What about getting something like this? It will stop her rolling.

hettie Sun 30-Aug-09 20:56:20

how about one of these
we have one and find it really great- they can't role out/off becasue of raied sides but there is plenty of room

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now