Talk

Advanced search

cordless straighteners/curling tongues (sp?) or even non electricity Blowdryers?

(8 Posts)
FairLadyRantALot Tue 25-Aug-09 19:42:59

Now I have just experienced my first ever Music Festival and loved it....camping s something I am used too anyway, and I cold live with queuing for a shower (was glad showers were available ) and the portaloos, whilst not super pleasant were alright....but the no Blowdryer etc. thing was not great, because my hair is not really that long so falls down constantly if put up, and I look quite shite with the hair up...and well, I need all the help I can get with when making myself look reasonable....so...suggestions please for cordless stylers and is there such thing as a blowdryer that is battery run or some such thing?

OurLadyOfPerpetualSupper Tue 25-Aug-09 19:57:29

Don't know about blowdriers but I bought some gas-powered tongs(!) from Boots, which served me well during the week I spent on a boat.
In fact, I now sometimes don't bother with the blow-drier, just tong it and it still looks fine when the curls drop out (about 2 hours later).
I think they were Babyliss but I just bought them because they were on offer in Boots - bigger branches probably have loads to choose from.

BigGobMum Tue 25-Aug-09 20:01:05

You just need a wooly hat. Thats what everyone wears after day two isn't it?!

FairLadyRantALot Tue 25-Aug-09 20:10:59

it would have been to bloody hot....the festival was this weekend and well...the sun was burning down on us...not that I am complaning, lol....but I look shite with a hat on....I know I sound totally vein and idiotic....but, what can I say, other that I am vein and idiotic...or is that vain....man my brain isn't working

BigGobMum Tue 25-Aug-09 20:35:10

Ah what a difference between last week end and this. DD and friends off to Leeds tomorrow and are preparing for all weathers. Hair will get stuffed into the hat probably on Thursday and will remain there until Monday!

FairLadyRantALot Tue 25-Aug-09 20:50:52

lol

mumtoallgirls Tue 25-Aug-09 21:47:09

Doesn't help u now, but my hairdresser told me last week, GHD r bringing out cordless....

FairLadyRantALot Wed 26-Aug-09 08:45:22

mumtoallgirls...that sounds like somehting to look out for
I just want to be better Prepared next time, iykwim...because, it was the only thing that bothered me that last weekend...[shallow emoticon]...because I most defintely want to go to another festival...it was so much fun

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now