Talk

Advanced search

Lending tent to friends, have realised we've lost the instructions...

(6 Posts)
drowninginclutter Sat 22-Aug-09 23:07:07

Is there an easy way to get new instructions? I've tried googling and all I can find are product reviews. I was really hoping that I'd just be able to download them somewhere but I can't find anything.

I remember it being a total nightmare the first time we tried to put it up so I'm a bit worried about just giving them a few verbal pointers.

tickfeckingtock Sat 22-Aug-09 23:08:49

Can you put it up in their garden or yours and show them how to do it, might be more help than instructions anyway.

tickfeckingtock Sat 22-Aug-09 23:09:14

What is it? maybe someone can scan theirs and email you them.

blithedance Sat 22-Aug-09 23:12:39

A lot of tents have pitching videos on youtube - I have lent out a tent this week and we just watched the video and talked it through. Perhaps you can find something similar?

Often instructions are sewn into the bag on a big label.

drowninginclutter Sat 22-Aug-09 23:19:58

It's a harvard campus deluxe, will go and look at youtube now. I'd never have thought of that!

Our old trusty eurohike had the instructions on a label sewn in the bag but it was so simple we never looked at them after the first time. Typical that the complicated tent had a 5 page document which we've managed to lose.

drowninginclutter Sat 22-Aug-09 23:22:36

I'm not sure how long they'll be stopping for when they pick it up, I don't think it'll be long enough for a demonstration though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now