Talk

Advanced search

camping novice wants to know.........

(4 Posts)
Chamomile Fri 21-Aug-09 15:02:00

is there any reason Dh can't sleep in the living area as he insists there is no way our lovely new Vango Icarus 500 will actually sleep 5? I am only thinking of overnight/ weekend camping so we shouldn't have a lot of stuff with us. Does anyone do this?

Am I being unrealistic thinking we will go camping for 1 or 2 nights? Is it too much hassle with 3 kids to set up/pack up camp for one night?

My camping experience so far consists of unpacking the tent and setting it up in the garden so I really am clueless.

troutpout Fri 21-Aug-09 15:08:22

If you don't take too much then camping for 1 night is fine. If you take lots then it's a lot of work for a short time iykwim.

No there is no reason that your dh can't sleep in the living area

Oh blimey..must get packing! we are off tomorrow morning too.grin

Lilyloo Fri 21-Aug-09 15:08:57

I think for one night you need to take a minimal amount of stuff and ideally a tent that is fairly quick to erect.

No reason why he can't sleep in the living area.

The least i have done is two nights as we do take a lot and our tent takes 45 mins to get up so couldn't be bothered for one night tbh

Chamomile Fri 21-Aug-09 15:19:13

We just have to give it a go, don't we?

I was just thinking of using the tent to give us more freedom and more exciting day trips. I am only thinking of 1 or 1 and 1/2 hours from home max.

If Dh stays very anti camping do many of you go camping on your own with the DC? Do you feel safe?

I wouldn't feel happy sleeping at home without the burglar alarm on so I am trying to get my head round sleeping alone in a field in a tent.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now