Talk

Advanced search

Best small sites?

(7 Posts)
northmetking Fri 21-Aug-09 10:54:56

My OH fancies trying somewhere "smaller" next year, perhaps in Dorset or the Peak District, but we'll travel anywhere from Cornwall to the Lakes.

By small, I mean reasonably friendly and intimate, rather than a field crammed with hundreds of tents.

Places that are not commercial at all, either just a basic site or even just a farmer's field (Nuts in May style).

Anyone got any to share?

millenniumfalcon Fri 21-Aug-09 13:11:30

if you're looking for basic, but with great location there's one in tenby that's only 10 mins walk (carrying a toddler, lol) from the beach - although it's more like 20 mins on the way back, it's at the top of the hill

we went out of holidays and there was just us and one other tent.

hold on, will dig out a ukcs link.

millenniumfalcon Fri 21-Aug-09 13:17:14

here you go: meadow farm. watch out for the seagulls though, they nicked our dinner one night (hotdog sausages - lol yeah i know - still in a sealed packet).

VanillaPumpkin Fri 21-Aug-09 16:39:47

Oooh oohhh have a look at Middle Woodbatch Farm near Bishops Castle, Shropshire. Check out UKcampsite for info. Have to dash now but it was so lovely and only 10 pitches in a field on a working farm. We will be going back.

2fedup Fri 21-Aug-09 19:50:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

fruitcorner Fri 21-Aug-09 23:06:23

Tir Bach in pembrokeshire -v.small site about 20 pitches and 2 yurts,lovely views, friendly farm animals and clean loos, shower, washing up block
South Penquite farm on Bodmin Moor, about 10 miles from north cornwall beaches - again a few pitches for tents only and 2 yurts, fantastic solar powered shower block, great views and friendly sheep dogs
Find on google

northmetking Sun 23-Aug-09 10:13:17

Thanks a lot everyone, plenty to look at here ;-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now