Talk

Advanced search

Cobb barbecue grill

(9 Posts)
Bumpinthenight Mon 17-Aug-09 15:51:25

Hi,

It's DH's birthday soon and I'd like to get him a camping barbecue/firepit to keep him busy whilst away!

Have any of you got one of these? Are they worth getting? Where is the best place to purchase one?

Do you have any other recommendations for a small, lightweight BBQ?

Thanks in advance.

paranoidmother Mon 17-Aug-09 15:59:40

Hi

Yes they are great (but then I work in a shop where we sell them) here
They come in a handy carry case and will heat up within 4 minutes, there are extras to buy if you want like a grill but it's up to you on what you want. It doesn't take up much space either which is a bonus. Don't forget to get Cobb stones to go with it as well

The only reason I suggest buying it from Lakeland is that they do a Lifetime guarantee on all items that you can buy from them as long as you keep the receipt. So that can be 5/10/15 years down the road and they will exchange/refund/replace which ever you choose if there is any problem.

Slubberdegullion Mon 17-Aug-09 19:19:56

Thread here about them.
We love ours.

Chevre Mon 17-Aug-09 19:23:15

i also recommend teh cadac safari chef gas bbq.

Bumpinthenight Tue 18-Aug-09 16:34:35

Thank you all for your help.

The link has persuaded me - bread and chicken here we come!!

northmetking Wed 19-Aug-09 21:16:09

We've just come back from our camping trip in North Yorkshire, our Cobb came too. It's the first time I have used one of these and in my opinion it is brilliant! I cooked pork chops with 3 different vegetables, did fried and scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages etc for breakfast, some lovely pancakes, and even managed to cook a blackberry and apple crumble on it too. The blackberries were picked after a few walks.

I have a tip for you though keep the fuel out of the damp as it will take ages to get it going if at all. That's our fault though.

When it came to washing the cooking plates, all I did was put some water in them and left them on the Cobb, using what heat was left to help remove the food residue, and the steam helps get some of the worst off the lid and moat.

shigella Fri 21-Aug-09 19:27:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FritesMenthe Fri 21-Aug-09 21:32:15

I'd second Chevre's recommendation of a Cadac Safari Chef, if you want a gas bbq. DS(7) was confidently grilling bangers on my parents' cadac this week.

sundew Sat 22-Aug-09 21:31:02

I'd also recommend the cadac - although we bought the bigger version - it had it's first outing last week and was fantastic. Worth every penny.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now