Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone stayed in a Yurt in the winter?

(5 Posts)
Ripeberry Mon 17-Aug-09 15:23:45

I was looking a tipi holiday websites and came across a company that offers winter camping with the luxury of heating and a proper felt covered Yurt.
I've always wanted to try one and we are going to try and book it for a couple of days over the Halloween weekend.
In a way it works out cheaper than B&B and much more fun!
Has anyone done similar?

kalo12 Mon 17-Aug-09 21:05:45

yes went to a yurt in Wales Trallwyn cottages in october very cosy

saintlydamemrsturnip Mon 17-Aug-09 21:09:31

I stayed in this one (the green man one) (with kids) in March or April. The wood burner made it quite cozy.

Would love to go back for a weekend just with dh in the autumn.

Fennel Mon 17-Aug-09 21:15:45

my sister stayed in a yurt in March in the Lakes, apparently it was lovely and warm but the experience wasn't helped by her toddler having D&V, they got through all the sheets towels clothes and nappies in the first few hours and ended up handwashing everything in the freezing toilet block. grin

But she has particularly vomity children, they vomited last week in a rented cottage in Cornwall too, the yurt itself sounded nice.

sphil Tue 18-Aug-09 23:54:23

We stayed at Cuckoo Down farm yurts at the end of March - it was lovely. Woodburning stove kept us warm (ish!) at night. The people in the other yurt moaned about the cold but we just went to bed in many layers!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now