Advanced search

Wood pigeons

(17 Posts)
MaryMotherOfCheeses Sat 15-Aug-09 21:55:06

uh Hoooo hooo h hoo,
uh Hoooo hooo h hoo,
uh Hoooo hooo h hoo,
H!

I tell ya, after 10 days of the bloody things, I'm after a big gun and some mixed salad leaves.

Anyone else?

RIAlityBites Sun 16-Aug-09 01:55:01

it's a noise I'm comfortable with as it's from my childhood on the farmsmile, but I feel your pain. Eventually you don't hear it...

troutpout Sun 16-Aug-09 08:06:34

I like it..also reminds me of growing up.(Not a farm though)

nannyL Sun 16-Aug-09 09:30:31

lol.

when i lived at my dads (ie for 25 years of my life) they used to sing on the phone line cable by my bedroom window, and if my window was open they would come IN my window and sing to me at 4am on my windowsill (inside my bedroom shock).

At uni we had so many they put spikes on the window ledges.

I find i here les pigeon noises when camping than i do at home!

MaryMotherOfCheeses Sun 16-Aug-09 10:38:28

I think the thing which started it off was there there was one pigeon at the first site which sounded really pissed off.

The first long "hoooooo" was really shrill, you know, the slightly shouty shreaky sound you make when you're trying to make your point and no one's listening.

Had visions of other pigeons up in the trees going "OFGS shut up about it" and pulling faces like this hmm

StinkyFart Sun 16-Aug-09 10:47:56

grin

ihatethecold Sun 16-Aug-09 12:34:22

wear earplugs

marymoocow Fri 21-Aug-09 21:37:53

Thats nothing. We had peacocks waking us up every morning where we camped. Now they do make a noise grin

MaryMotherOfCheeses Fri 21-Aug-09 23:20:20

But were they Exasperated, like our local wood pigeon. Well? Well?

(wink)

TalkIsCheap Fri 21-Aug-09 23:52:05

oh my, peacocks make the most ungodly noise ever

serinBrightside Sat 22-Aug-09 18:49:09

My DD says they are saying Je vooooo draaay, I don't speak French but I think she means "I would like".

Make a pie with them!

paisleyleaf Sat 22-Aug-09 23:14:28

I always think they're saying "you're dinner's ready you're dinner's ready"
Stems from playing out when I was young.

catinthehat2 Sat 22-Aug-09 23:32:35

I would happily punch any of them in the beak if it would make them stop. The ones near us are grotesquely overweight with their big wobbly pigeon beerguts spilling down to their ankles. They can hardly fly and they spend all their time trying to shag each other.

MaryMotherOfCheeses Sun 23-Aug-09 17:14:44

Does it not strike anyone as odd that they hoot in 4/4 (you know, four beats in a bar?) perfectly in time everytime.

I think that's weird.

LilyOfTheMountain Sun 23-Aug-09 17:33:22

grin

bloody pigeon stalked us at sandy balls, managed to get in the tent and poo on ds1's bed

ds1 was unimpressed

we, however, came very close to an actual demo of the phrase 'PMSL'

LilyOfTheMountain Sun 23-Aug-09 17:34:02

and yes, peacocks are EVIL

DH used to get atatcked by one weekly

marymoocow Tue 25-Aug-09 20:35:53

They didn't attack anyone and were wandering freely, but at 4am................

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now