Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

anyone camped in eurocamp/keycamp le soleil in argeles sur mer ?

(16 Posts)
slyvia Sat 15-Aug-09 20:39:33

Going on the 22 August for a week. Anyone found these noisy ? Any other reviews ?

slyvia Sun 16-Aug-09 15:59:37

Bump Anyone ????

BadgersArse Sun 16-Aug-09 16:18:02

look on uk campsite.co

slyvia Sun 16-Aug-09 21:52:44

Bump Bump - its the campsite in southern france

amylou Mon 17-Aug-09 13:34:03

Hi I have been to this campsite twice with canvas. both times the week later than you. i have always found the site fine though I guess it does always depend on your neighbours unfortunately!
The campsite is medium size so not huge like some of the other ones in the town.
Wish I was going back this year - but monies dont allow!

slyvia Mon 17-Aug-09 19:11:35

Thats great news amylou ! I have booked a mobile home so do not know what to expect . Didi you find the disco doisy - have little kids who will need to bed down fairly early. Also didi u hire a car ?

dailymailIsPerfectAsaPoopScoop Tue 18-Aug-09 06:21:13

Hi

we were there last aug. campsite nice and flat, and also right on the beach. We flew to Perpignan and then hired a car. I would recommend car hire if you are there for 2 weeks. The disco is away from the mobiles and we didnt find it too much bother. There is a Luna Park just outside the camp and you get a bit of noise from there at night.

The onsite restaurant is good. divided into two parts. One side sort of cheapy and the other more posh where we had some lovely meals.

Camp shop well stocked but would strongly advise you hire the car for the supermarket. Think ther is a l'eclerc within a couple of miles.

Nice views of the pyrenees from the camp and also very close to the spanish border if you ancied going across there for the day.

The weather was good but can get a bit of cloud lingering because of the mountains. Argeles itself has all the usual seaside shops and there is a little kind of dotto train which shuttles you back and forth.

slyvia Wed 19-Aug-09 20:31:36

Dailymail thats great I feel better now. Could you tell me a little more about the train wher it goes etc.. and the cost. Will not hire a cat as only there for a week and cant get little car seats for kids eadily etc... Also the luna park is the noise just background or can you hear it inside a mobile home ? Ta

slyvia Wed 19-Aug-09 20:32:23

Also how easy is it to get to spanish border ?

lucysmum Wed 19-Aug-09 21:53:47

we were there early july. The train goes all over the place and picks up at the main road - about half a mile from campsite. It did always look very busy which would be my concern if we had not hired a car. We were luna park end of site and it was quite noisy - sirens etc - but not enough to stop us sleeping.

Ponders Wed 19-Aug-09 21:58:31

The road train thing goes to & from Perpignan I think (???) & fares are ridiculously cheap.

Ponders Wed 19-Aug-09 22:10:46

Oh, maybe it doesn't (but there is a cheap bus service too)

This is the road train map with all the different routes around Argeles

Map includes the SNCF station which is on the main line to Spain.

Road train home page

slyvia Thu 20-Aug-09 10:07:56

Anyone who has been here - Lucymums/ ponders, can you tell me what he campsite pools are loke and is there a no shorts rule ? Also anyone who stayed in a mobile do you know what you get in the linen set ? one sheet or two ? Thjanks again folks.

Ponders Thu 20-Aug-09 10:19:52

Oh I haven't been on the site, sorry, just stayed in the area (the area is very nice!)

dailymailIsPerfectAsaPoopScoop Sat 22-Aug-09 17:34:04

hi only just got bak to this thread.

right. the pool is relaxed about swimwear as far as i can remember, oh just looked at your post and noticed you have already gone!

Oh well, have fun, and report back on what you thought of it on your return smile

slyvia Sat 29-Aug-09 16:03:21

Got back today and it was as you said daisy. We thougt the campsite was great for a number of reasons - clean, good shop and facilities, spaceous pitches that are hedge, nice pool and near to beach. Dud not hire car in end but can see car hire would be better due to the nearest town being about a mile and a half away. Great little play park also for younger kids ! Anyone else going here - I would recommend it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now