Talk

Advanced search

camping virgins

(6 Posts)
Phoenix4725 Sat 15-Aug-09 05:38:43

Ok i have the tent brought cheap in a sale ready for next year got the coleman evola.Fed up of to pricey school holidays

What other equipment should i start buying and what should i advoid so were ready to go after winters over .Have 4 dc from 15 -4 .HAve the sleeping bags and airbeds and thats about it

thank you

Furball Sat 15-Aug-09 07:37:13

I went for the first time a few weeks ago - tis great fun!

I had a stove like this which for me was fine, it take gas cannisters

a table like this for putting it on OUTSIDE (don't cook in the tent)

and you could get chairs like this

I took all the food in a plastic crate and used pans from home.

Also bought multipacks of disposable BBQ's which were on offer at the time. to do evening meal food on.

Bought a cheapo picnic set from sainsbugs (everything reduced this time of year)

Will you have electric hook up? we didn't so to keep things cold I had a hard sided cool box with 2 frozen water of 2 litre old coke bottles which lasted more than 2 days.

I got alot of info from this thread

have fun! - hope the weather is kind to you

Phoenix4725 Sat 15-Aug-09 08:11:17

thanks you , yes am tinking 4 dc electric hook up option no bad thing , though if weekend am happy go without but aim is for next summer fancy taking dc away for month so feeling might need eletric

TheDMshouldbeRivened Sun 16-Aug-09 17:15:58

Pheonix, join us at hesfes. You don't hafta be a home edder but its like ready made entertainment and friends grin

Phoenix4725 Sun 16-Aug-09 20:04:29

when is it and Yep i do, I He my eldest ds

TheDMshouldbeRivened Mon 17-Aug-09 08:20:06

well there ya go

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now