Talk

Advanced search

camping virgins

(6 Posts)
Phoenix4725 Sat 15-Aug-09 05:38:43

Ok i have the tent brought cheap in a sale ready for next year got the coleman evola.Fed up of to pricey school holidays

What other equipment should i start buying and what should i advoid so were ready to go after winters over .Have 4 dc from 15 -4 .HAve the sleeping bags and airbeds and thats about it

thank you

Furball Sat 15-Aug-09 07:37:13

I went for the first time a few weeks ago - tis great fun!

I had a stove like this which for me was fine, it take gas cannisters

a table like this for putting it on OUTSIDE (don't cook in the tent)

and you could get chairs like this

I took all the food in a plastic crate and used pans from home.

Also bought multipacks of disposable BBQ's which were on offer at the time. to do evening meal food on.

Bought a cheapo picnic set from sainsbugs (everything reduced this time of year)

Will you have electric hook up? we didn't so to keep things cold I had a hard sided cool box with 2 frozen water of 2 litre old coke bottles which lasted more than 2 days.

I got alot of info from this thread

have fun! - hope the weather is kind to you

Phoenix4725 Sat 15-Aug-09 08:11:17

thanks you , yes am tinking 4 dc electric hook up option no bad thing , though if weekend am happy go without but aim is for next summer fancy taking dc away for month so feeling might need eletric

TheDMshouldbeRivened Sun 16-Aug-09 17:15:58

Pheonix, join us at hesfes. You don't hafta be a home edder but its like ready made entertainment and friends grin

Phoenix4725 Sun 16-Aug-09 20:04:29

when is it and Yep i do, I He my eldest ds

TheDMshouldbeRivened Mon 17-Aug-09 08:20:06

well there ya go

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: