Talk

Advanced search

Woohoo!! we are going for our first trip under canvas

(14 Posts)
MrsGokWantsalargeglassofwine Wed 12-Aug-09 23:42:09

Well not quite canvas, nylon more like

We are going Friday this week to Friday next week, staying here

Roseville

Then next Saturday, the day after we get back we are away for Saturday and Sunday, to attend a family event in Cheltenham Saturday night and staying here

Croft Farm

Hopefully it will all go smoothly, keeping my fingers crossed. We brought the carpet for the tent today, so something nice under foot Hopefully we have everything else we need.

MrsGokWantsalargeglassofwine Thu 13-Aug-09 11:35:03

Oh! and DH thinks I am mad for packing fleece blankets for the children as he doesn't think it will be that cold with the sleeping bags. But I would rather be safe than sorry.

MarshaBrady Thu 13-Aug-09 11:42:37

Good luck, I haven't been camping since I was 18 and then only the once with friends.

But am thinking of going just before ds starts school. We need to buy everything, need to learn everything. Not sure if we will be too chicken.

troutpout Thu 13-Aug-09 11:53:01

oh you will have a lovely time MrsGok
smile

MrsGokWantsalargeglassofwine Thu 13-Aug-09 13:41:06

Cheers ladies grin

I've just packed 20 towels for the 5 of us blush

Well there is a pool and the sea which my lot will live in and if there is not much sunshine they won't dry quick enough and I hate damp towels. I'm mad aren't I?

MarshaBrady Thu 13-Aug-09 17:00:23

Good thinking!

millenniumfalcon Thu 13-Aug-09 17:02:31

if you're not going anywhere spread them over the seats in the car during the day, they dry really quickly like that.

have fun

MrsGokWantsalargeglassofwine Thu 13-Aug-09 18:39:49

OOOh!! good thinking MilleniumFalcon

MissGreatBritain Thu 13-Aug-09 19:59:26

I've bought a few of those microfibre body wraps for after showers - they dry really quickly and are handy for getting changed on the beach. They were about a fiver each from a local cheapy type shop. I had to smile as the blurb on the label said "one size fits MOST". have a great trip.

Slubberdegullion Thu 13-Aug-09 20:16:28

re towels in the car. I came upon some nerd-a-mungo little hooks on suckers. I squidge those onto the windows of the car (inside) and hang the damp towels from there. The hang away from the sides and so get a lovely bit of air drying circulation going on...and they just stay in the car all year, ready for my next damp towel.

My suckers and Dunelm Mill bargain microfibre towels combo meant dry towels every morning.

I am also not a lover of the damp towel Mrs Gok.

Slubberdegullion Thu 13-Aug-09 20:18:25

I see you are off tomorrow so probably no time for sucker shopping tonight.

never mind. I'm sure it will be hot and dry and your towels will be lovely.

have a good time smile

slayerette Thu 13-Aug-09 20:29:26

You WILL need fleece blankets this summer. We got back a week ago and it was bloomin' chilly in the evenings!

MrsGokWantsalargeglassofwine Fri 14-Aug-09 11:04:30

Cheers ladies.

Slubber, I will keep an eye out for those type of hooks, will do for next year. We have bought a camping washing line from Lidl which will help some.

MrsGB, I haven't been able to find a microfibre towell that was cheap but I have just found the Dunelm Mill near us, so I will persuade DH to go there when the shout goes up that they are selling them cheap again and will certainly keep my eye out for any cheap else where.

Next year I want to be more prepared. We have bought some boxes to put everything in and will be buying a set of pots and pans and other kitchen stuff so they are boxed and ready. I plan to do the same for the wash kit and towels.

I'll also make a list of things that we haven't got this trip and found that we really could need.

Right I'm off for a shower and then we are OFF!!! WOOHOO!! grin

MrsGokWantsalargeglassofwine Thu 27-Aug-09 23:45:42

Well we're back grin

Had a bloomin' fantastic time at both places (will eventually get round to putting reviews on ukcamping). We actually extended our stay at Croft Farm, the kids loved it so much.

Slubber, we got some of the sucker thingies on the last day of our camping trip, so we are prepared for next year.

Have definatly decided to get a chemical loo grin I just can't bear the walks to the loo in the night and first thing in the morning. Though I have to admit to using my little un's potty a couple of times blush

We are looking at a camping trip in the October hols now and DH is taking DS1 on a little camping trip one weekend taking our boat down the local river, camping on the banks etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now