Talk

Advanced search

Best camping trip ever!

(5 Posts)
FlamingoBingo Sat 08-Aug-09 08:01:19

Just wanted to share. Manky toilets, cold water only, no showers but...

The last week's camping was absolutely bloody fantastic! Best ever holiday, I think. We went with 8 other home educating families. DD1 (6) and DD2 (4.5) woke up a half hour or so after DH and I, got dressed in the tent, ran out into the woods with all their feral friends, only just stopping to grab a piece of toast. Hardly saw them for the three days we were there grin.

Campfires and singing in the evenings, marshmallows, jacket spuds, bananas stuffed with chocolate, lots of lovely friends, wine smile

They're going to book it again for next year and I can't wait and neither can the DCs.

DD3, on the other hand, got chicken pox!

<<ponders on when illness will leave the flamingo household>>

Our bell tent was brilliant - thanks for the bedroom inner recommendation, Riven - it was lovely to have it, and stopped any of us touching the wet walls when we were getting ready for bed etc!

nannyL Sat 08-Aug-09 10:03:46

pleased to here you all had good fun smile

fatzak Sat 08-Aug-09 13:19:48

It sounds perfect smile(except the chickenpox of course!)

lisad123 Sat 08-Aug-09 13:44:01

sounds fab, where was it?

FlamingoBingo Sun 09-Aug-09 17:02:27

It was a scouting campsite, lisa, in Gloucestershire, so, although we only paid per person, we had the site to ourselves smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now