Talk

Advanced search

What do your young children sleep in whilst camping?

(11 Posts)
ButtercupWafflehead Fri 07-Aug-09 20:44:29

Last year DS (3) slept in his gro-bag with a blanket on top. He's much bigger this year and won't entertain the idea of cramming in it once more, but seems way too little for a real sleeping bag.

Blankets just don't seem snuggly enough - and tots aren't supposed to have high tog ratings anyway, are they?

So what shall we take for him to sleep in? Any advice would be appreciated!

millenniumfalcon Fri 07-Aug-09 20:49:19

dd1 was in a kids sleeping bag (camping one, rather than sleepover type) at 3.

hazeyjane Fri 07-Aug-09 20:51:40

Our dd's (3.5 and 2.3) have got sleeping bags with airbeds attatched (from Millets), they love the idea of having their own bed, and we use them for going to stay at friends as well as camping.

We put a duvet over them as well, and inevitably end up climbing in between me and dh half way through the night so that we are a mass of unzipped sleeping bags, airbeds and duvetssmile

IwishIwasmoreorganised Fri 07-Aug-09 20:54:08

Since he was 2.5, our ds1 has slept on a ready bed inside one of these sleeping bags.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Fri 07-Aug-09 20:55:02

sorry - that link's not worked. It's the Jack Wolfskin kids sleeping bag.

troutpout Fri 07-Aug-09 20:55:26

dd has been in a vango adult sleeping bag since she was 18 months old. i just tied it in the middle so that she couldn't slip down.

ButtercupWafflehead Fri 07-Aug-09 21:00:50

Good idea about tying the adult one to prevent slippage.

I'm a bit scared of boiling him, though?

Will check out the airbed attached ones and go through outdoors shops websites in a min... thank you!

tinateaspoon Fri 07-Aug-09 23:00:43

Our dc are in adult sleeping bags too, they have more room so dont boil, or at least with this weather there has been no chance of boiling them!

misshardbroom Sun 09-Aug-09 14:43:56

all of mine are in adult sleeping bags too, although ours are crappy thin Halfords ones so not too worried about toggage!

snickersnack Sun 09-Aug-09 14:48:14

Ready bed with in built sleeping bag. Fleece blanket tucked over the top and thermals if it's chilly.

bumbleweed Sun 09-Aug-09 17:16:41

got those vango kids sleeping bags

3.5yr old loves sleeping in hers

I open up 1.5yr olds and put it over him as a cover so at least he's getting used to the feel of it

We just bung a double airbed in each bedroom and sleep with one child each

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now